The VG Resource

Full Version: Keiji Inafune leaves Capcom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:As recently as last month, Inafune revealed that his goals conflicted with that of Capcom management, too, which he conveyed through an interview with the New York Times. “I’m strong-arming a lot of things through, but I’m not sure how much more I can do. I don’t share the same management vision as the company,” he revealed.

It would seem that Inafune no longer feels that he has a place at Capcom, as he has announced his resignation from the company on his blog on the website of Daletto, a subsidiary of Capcom’s that runs some of the company’s online games.

In a blog post titled “Sayounara,” Inafune says that after 23 years at Capcom, he feels there are no further heights for him to climb within the company, and that he will resign at the end of the month.

Inafune confirms that he’ll still continue making games, however, even if it isn’t at Capcom.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/29/kei...om-capcom/

Wonder how Mega Man will do without him.

At the same time, I wonder how he'll do without Mega Man.
It seems to me that usually Mega Man games made without him are the unpopular or poorly rated ones. Honestly I haven't exactly been expecting a super great Mega Man game like...ever, but this is upsetting to me now just because MML3's in the middle of development and now its quality is at risk. I mean, besides the whole "let the fans who can't agree get all this input!" thing that's already worrisome. I hope this turns out to not have too big of an impact but right now I'm ready for some disappointment
About time. He should've jumped ship right when they made Megaman X6 without telling him they were gonna. Or something like that. Then again, I did like X8 and the Zero Series, which PROBABLY would have happened anyway even though the most direct reference to Zero going from the X to the Zero series was in X6, but that's---

Nevermind, I just hope he does well for himself and makes some cool games elsewhere.
I hate it when something like this happens. Capcom can still use Mega Man however they like now, but the creator gets no say in it. It's like if Miyamoto left Nintendo, but he had no control over what happened to his creation.
I am disappoint Inafune.
Obligatory Yuji Naka mention

I have some faith in Capcom but I swear to God if something similar happens
[Image: 1286238436491.jpg]
There goes ML3.
I'm pretty ambivalent about this. on the one hand, his perspective on gaming is horrid
on the other, megaman
(10-29-2010, 07:34 PM)Misterssauga Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 1286238436491.jpg]
There goes ML3.

Oh come on. It doesn't look good so far anyway.
i'm actually very excited. it was nice to see the guys at platinum try new IP's, as much as it's going to be to see Inafune and Kojima (who has a new ip coming) to do them

Mega Man is now going to follow the footsteps of Sonic the Hedgehog. Sad
fucking shit i hope megaman doesn't die

still it will be cool to see some new big name IPs coming out
I don't remember how relevant he was to MMBN/Starforce; so I'm not sure how much I care.

I'm willing to bet the horribleness of MM Universe made him jump ship. I would do the same.
At least he decided to ditch after Dead Rising 2. I would've been pissed if the game never finished because he "wants to start over."
He seems to like the idea of working with Level-5.

Sounds good.
Pages: 1 2 3