The VG Resource

Full Version: tilez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so yeah, i give up on animating ... its not really my cuppa tea so i went back to RMXP and realized i liked to tile, and thus began my newest batch of crap
[Image: iaza1203223944500.png]
[Image: iaza1203227313900.png]

So yeah, i wanted to make a hive of some sort, im a few tiles short and such but this is as much as i can do tonight due to ... well, sleep so, crits please on whatever you see wrong
that yellow is really ugly
First of all, the grass looks really -really- tiled, it needs a lot of work.

Second of all, before I can really critique the "hive" I'd have to know what exactly the white tiles are,
I'm thinking water, but I'm not sure.
It looks like it's supposed to be wax. Y'know, beeswax. If so, it's sort of the wrong colour. Make it creamier/yellower.
What bothers me the most are the white tiles. I don't understand what they're doing there: is it a manmade hive? A wild hive?
The pixelling itself is good, but I think you could make more tiles to make thing smoother and avoid repetition.
right, changed the bright yellow to a duller yellow, changed the white to cream and added two more grass tiles
[Image: iaza1203246174300.png]
[Image: iaza1203215894200.png]
/ will make a non test map when tiles are all fixed /
It already looks better.
Get some diagonal tiles in.
it took me some time before i realized they were elevated. like cliffs?
how about a drop shadow on the grass near the ledges?
yeah, i might add some shades to the base but that would make me have to fuck with all the tiles to have a secondary set that is shaded and im really not going to do that right now.
[Image: iaza1203284242100.png]
[Image: iaza1203266989900.png]
'diagonals' done
This is looking good, I like the fact the white/cream bit looks like a membrane.
keep it up man!
fuckin' about with some side walls and such
[Image: iaza1203289166900.png]
[Image: iaza1203223250100.png]
i gotta fix the side walls on the actual hive ... looks a bit meh
(10-28-2010, 09:48 PM)D.A Wrote: [ -> ]so yeah, i give up on animating ...

Yeah now you just need some more tiles for the other side now!
At first, this wasn't looking too good, but I'm very glad that you took some advice to make it better. Looking pretty sexy!
you don't have to make a second set of grass, at least i don't think so. just make the "cliff edge" tiles drop shadows on the area below them.
Some of the diagonal tiles don't really connect to the regular ones, like in the diagonal the hive spots are kinda spaced out, seems like you have an extra line of space there, leaving some disconnection when put with the other.

Each tile should have some "cutoff" near the ends/edges so that the other tilesets and immediately branch into it. Of course you know that already, but just a reminder.