The VG Resource

Full Version: Kirby's Epic Yarn styled Kirby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After playing KEY, I loved it's art style and decided to sprite it. I think it should be submitted now but wanted some opinions formed first before I got to more complex animations with it.

[Image: c0ecfd1e2a923c88cd39b7c4491a2bbb.gif]

[Image: key_kirby_sheet_1.png]

Should it be thicker? Smaller? Bigger? Tell me.
There's no way you'll get a good 'yarn' style at that size. It just looks like a regular kirby with the fills removed.
(10-23-2010, 08:24 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]There's no way you'll get a good 'yarn' style at that size. It just looks like a regular kirby with the fills removed.

I felt the same way originally, but ditched it for a cleaner looking sprite. So thicker? And I'm also guessing that it should look more "yarn"-ish with darker lines that mimic yarn's physic of two strings twisted together.

I'll update with improved sprites.

You can't make a yarn-styled Kirby at the way you are now. Traditional media are hardly emulated well in pixel art, and you'll need to work a lot and know several techniques to make it to look good.
at that size looks more like a terribly lazy attempt at one of the simplest character desings

if you cant emulate the fabric's texture and composition you'd better not call it "yarn styled" because its certainly not going to look like it.
It's an animated lineart. That's all it is.