The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic Fan Remix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@RokkanRokkan
Mateus Manginelli
SONIC FAN REMIX IS SO BEAUTIFUL. SEGA should be so shameful that fans could make a game that looks and plays so much better than theirs.

@RokkanRokkan
Mateus Manginelli
I just played and it's amazing. Have it you too: http://sonicresearch.org/sonicfanremix/SFRdemo.rar

Basically, plays exactly like the classics and has really really amazing graphics. The graphics can be worked a bit more, though. The scenery looks kinda dirty with such a high contrast and kinda busy too, but still, looks so amazing.
Oh yeah, right. I should probably post some videos so that you can see what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Hn1XhyWB0

That video above is from a much earlier version, so some stuff like the ausence of bouncing after destroying some badniks in the video or lack of certain sound effects is corrected in the available demo.

This one is closer to the version available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeVa1oeif0s

It looks much better when you play it high-res and with the graphics on the max. It's just really amazing.
I've seen this before

I'm considering downloading it, because right next to Sonic Megamix this literally blew me away
inb4

Chronno Resurrection
This is incredibly sad of Sega.
I saw this before as well. Its rather funny to compare this to Sonic 4 since it not only looks far better graphically, but stays far closer gameplay-wise to the old games as well. If something like this had been Sonic 4 I would have actually bought it. Its too bad Sonic Team will probably see this and just ignore the potential of their own games as usual.
Not going to lie.
I hate (HATE) the graphics.

but oh looks classic sonic gameplay done right

not to mention done by a couple of guys in their spare time, who AREN'T PAID TO DO THIS.

So I can't knock the game. Good job to them.
Yeah, it's a bit too dark and gritty for a Sonic game. That said, it looks good, even if they give away the final boss of the game in the first stage. Wtf.
Downloading...

AT 1.5 KB/S

READY IN NO TIME.
(10-21-2010, 10:03 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Not going to lie.

not to mention done by a couple of guys in their spare time, who AREN'T PAID TO DO THIS.

I can. Cause this like most well done fan made project games will probably never see a finished product.
okay I played this and it really is amazingly good, this is basically the kind of thing I've been waiting for forever from SEGA
the graphics are fantastic, the music is great (I mean, admittedly, the compositions are from previous Sonic games (except for act 3?) but these new arrangements sound good), and the physics and level design and etc. all feel right
I like some of the creative freedom they had with the graphics. Like the "ROBOLAND" thing on the background, the lamp-posts, the Robotnik flag, those are really awesome elements. The colors they used for the scenario were really good too, but the thing is that the "tiles" (i know they are models, but you get what I mean) have just way too much contrast. That, along with having so many elements clustered, makes them feel too dirty, and because of that too, they get too much more noticeable than other elements like the badniks and the springs and etc. What the creator could do is to make those important elements more noticeable, by making them more saturated and contrasted, and lowering the contrast of the "tiles" and make their colors converge more into a specific color (like green or blue or whatever), I think it'd look much better like that.

STILL, everything else is just fantastic. Sonic's looks, animations (fucking sexy as hell spinning animation), the physics and the controls feel almost exactly the same, etc. It is a different take than what Sonic 4 proposed, but it's still unavoidable after playing it, thinking "wow, something that was made just out of spare time and was made without paid resources, and for free could achieve something legitimately better than what a whole company could". So, yeah.
(10-22-2010, 08:49 AM)Djanjo Wrote: [ -> ]

I can. Cause this like most well done fan made project games will probably never see a finished product.

Man F the finished product, this demo is already better than Sonic 4.
wow....just wow.

funny that really looks better than what sega made recently.
Amazing models and shit but I'm dittoing rokkan's post here.

Also, I get the feeling that these guys really wanted to show off shit in their demo. So much shit going on in one screen, it's unbelievable how they illogically crammed everything they had in the three first levels.

Otherwise awesome, but looks too good to be played at a decent speed.
(10-23-2010, 09:44 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2010, 08:49 AM)Djanjo Wrote: [ -> ]

Man F the finished product, this demo is already better than Sonic 4.
See Lexous post up there? Where it says they just wanted to show off? This demo and pretty much everything that looks and feels 'better' is just that: Showing off. Finish something, don't just put something out to rag on SEGA. That's like sleeping with someone's significant other just because you apparently do it better. This demo is a douche move until finished, and tuned up and perhaps calmed the fuck down to where my eyes aren't trying to absorb every piece of scenery.
Pages: 1 2