The VG Resource

Full Version: shawn makes sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: background.png]
sprites like this

[Image: ruffles-2.png] [Image: RufflesIdle.gif]
and heres some stuff gors and i are working on
your dumb dogs will never beat shark week!!!!

but yeah it all looks good and stuff
don't really like the diagonal shading on the bricks but the rest is pretty good

you and gors better finish those, btw
[Image: y2j7s.gif]
couldn't resist ♥
Excellent! Love the background mockup ya got there!
Oh my gosh I love those dogs!
i wanna be the dog
I want to be a dog too =/
no dogs for homos who cant even comment properly ):<
The animation for the green dog reminds me of Rhythm Tengoku in the way it bobs.

A canine-based rhythm actuon game would be awesome.
I endorse a canine based rhythm game.
Or any sort of canine based game, because dogs rule.

Zombie Dachsund is probably my favourite. This might be difficult to do at a small scale, but I think you might need to tweak the curve of the ribs - as it is they look sorta like stripes running around the body, when in reality they bend inwards towards the shoulder, thus:
[Image: Dog%20Skeleton.jpg]
You'll notice there's a slight angle to them too, rather than a smooth curve. I can't say for certain that reshaping the ribs would look better though, because I'm really no expert at small-scale stuff like sprites, but give it a try x:
[Image: puppyg.gif]

i wanted to try this since i saw it, mine probably looks hideous though
this is going to sound retarded but
i didn't know dogs had bones in their tails
i always thought it was like

really thick muscle or something
(10-21-2010, 10:20 PM)Profanisaurus Wrote: [ -> ]Zombie Dachsund is probably my favourite. This might be difficult to do at a small scale, but I think you might need to tweak the curve of the ribs - as it is they look sorta like stripes running around the body, when in reality they bend inwards towards the shoulder, thus:
[Image: Dog%20Skeleton.jpg]
You'll notice there's a slight angle to them too, rather than a smooth curve. I can't say for certain that reshaping the ribs would look better though, because I'm really no expert at small-scale stuff like sprites, but give it a try x:
I see

I did the rot-weiler, didn't know about that tho (still, I think that doing that in a small space might make some things difficult to read)

I'll try it anyway, thanks Wink
The little stubby legs on the zombie dog make him look kinda like one of these:
[Image: dachshund12.jpg]

Rottweilers are kinda chunky looking, they've got a lot of muscle
[Image: rottweiler_euro091.jpg]
(they are also FREAKIN' ADORABLE)

Again, since you're working at a smaller scale it can be difficult to do things with shape. I'd suggest making the zombie one look a little more like the medic in terms of shape or size, but it might take some fiddling.

Like I said though about the ribs, I can't say for definite it's a good idea because of readability, and spriting: not my forte. You could be right and it won't read right if you reshape them but try it at least. THE REST IS AWESOME. I genuinely can't find anything else to point out o:
Pages: 1 2 3