The VG Resource

Full Version: Worst Mini Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what are some of the worst mini/sidequests games you have played in a video game?

For me I'm going to say The Legend of Dragoon; mini game where you have to chop vegies faster then the cook.
The tiling minigame in No More Heroes 2. Fuck that minigame.
every sidequest in mass effect 1 ever

/ever/
Wind Waker's tingle missions
(10-20-2010, 03:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]The tiling minigame in No More Heroes 2. Fuck that minigame.

With a bit of practice and spacial reasoning; that becomes a pretty good way to make money.

Pretty much any minigames that showed up in MegaMan Battle Network 4. The engine wasn't designed to have the overworld be anything more than running around and talking to people; so the minigames they shoehorned in are sloppy and un-fun.

Kingdom Hearts 1 suffered from the same problem. Those 100 Acre Woods minigames were baaaaaad.
haha i remember that curry shit, i actually cheated on the rom with savestate with that.

wtf'd at the end with the OH GOD I CAN SEE MY DEAD WIFE.

also for me it was probably the slot machines in dppt, couldnt fuckin get shit for items.
Goron racing mini game.
Frustrating as hell but fun as heck.

Also that fucking mini game where you have to pick up coconuts in No More Heroes.
When i got to that mini game i thought 'Fuck that' And i haven't played NMH again since.
(10-20-2010, 08:10 PM)Mister Ruckus Wrote: [ -> ]also for me it was probably the slot machines in dppt, couldnt fuckin get shit for items.

you kiddng? With the clefairy bonus rounds and stuff I practically robbed the game corner in those games
the "rotate stick" minigames in the first mario party.

they not only killed your analog stick, but i remember getting a perfect scar in the shape of a circle on my hand for doing so over and over.
The voltorb flip game in hgss. Even with grooveman's (really helpful) algebraic equations and stuff backing me up, I've never managed to get past level 3.

(10-20-2010, 08:15 PM)Woppet Wrote: [ -> ]Also that fucking mini game where you have to pick up coconuts in No More Heroes.
When i got to that mini game i thought 'Fuck that' And i haven't played NMH again since.

also this

I decided to look past the terrible driving controls to get around Santa Destroy. But I got to the coconut minigame, took the disc out, and never put it back in.
That Mine Cart Bonus Stage from Donkey Kong 64, I STILL CAN'T BEAT IT ( I think there was more than one...).
(10-20-2010, 09:14 PM)Phant mmkay Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2010, 08:10 PM)Mister Ruckus Wrote: [ -> ]also for me it was probably the slot machines in dppt, couldnt fuckin get shit for items.

you kiddng? With the clefairy bonus rounds and stuff I practically robbed the game corner in those games

idk how you did it, but my patience wore out with the clefairy round
(10-20-2010, 03:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]The tiling minigame in No More Heroes 2. Fuck that minigame.

That minigame was actually pretty fun, with a ton of practice

then it eventually got to the point where OH HEY YOU SOLVED ALL 12 OF THEM HERE DO THEM AGAIN and it was dull (but still a lot of money)

The fucking scorpion extermination game, on the other hand
(10-22-2010, 03:04 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: [ -> ]

That minigame was actually pretty fun, with a ton of practice

then it eventually got to the point where OH HEY YOU SOLVED ALL 12 OF THEM HERE DO THEM AGAIN and it was dull (but still a lot of money)

The fucking scorpion extermination game, on the other hand
excuse me that game fucking owns

The Tilt/Roll-Ball thingy in Twilight Princess.