The VG Resource

Full Version: Incoming !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody Smile

First, I'm going to tell you that in fact, I'm a french guy, so it will be probably why I'm going to do few mistakes.

Well, I'm into pixel art for a long time ( about 3 years ), but I decided to do big spriting project : I'd like to do Team Fortress 2 custom sheets. I'm working on it for few months ( well, I began before the summer, but I don't sprite everytime ), and now I'd like to show it to you and have your advices.

So, here it is !

The Engineer

[Image: engineersprite.png]

The lvl 1 Sentry

[Image: sentrysprite.png]

The Engi's box

[Image: engiboxsprite.png]

The Dispenser

[Image: dispensersprite.png]

The Spy ( France represent, hell yeah )

[Image: spysprite.png]

The Soldier

[Image: soldiersprite.png]

The Scout

[Image: scoutdr.png]

The Sniper

[Image: sniperc.png]

The Demoman

[Image: demomansprite.png]

Now, I let you comment.

PS : I don't know if i posted in the right place, 'cause I don't really see the difference between them, in fact Gonna Puke
Could use more saturation in the colors
The anatomy is pretty fucked up too.

The Engineer's legs are far too thin, he looks like he's about to fall over, the Spy just looks wrong all over, Soldier's legs need moving to the right slightly, again looks like he's falling over, Scout has the worst looking arms I have ever seen. Serious case of noodle limbs there, plus his feet are far too small, Sniper's leg is curved, legs don't do that, and he also has no neck, a massive chest and a weird looking chin. As for the Demoman, he has an extremely low knee, and the other leg is all-round weird looking.
Yeah, the main problems with these are the lack of contrast and saturation, and anatomy in general.

Although I am liking where this is going. I'm looking forward to some more animations and the like!
Besides the infinite banding, overshading, color, and readability issues: II can't say much.
If you want to fix these I really suggest focusing on them one at a time. Everyone gave you good criticism for everything but if you try to fix the problems on multiple sprites at a time you'll probably have more trouble, since you might not get it quite right the next time around and these share a lot of the same problems.
(10-20-2010, 09:42 AM)Player 1 Wrote: [ -> ]PS : I don't know if i posted in the right place, 'cause I don't really see the difference between them, in fact Gonna Puke
wat.
hi

don't trace. or at least if you're going to trace/mimic the original artwork, at least do so properly.
waaaaaaaaaaay too much banding
salut mec! tu peux compter sur moi pour te corriger! Wink

the main issues i have with these is the low saturation which tempts you into adding unnecessary shades. some of the shading conveys volume poorly.

c'est pas mal, mais ça peut être tellement mieux... il suffit que t'y travailles encore plus dessus, et n'abandonne pas!

The scout has noodle arms.