The VG Resource

Full Version: Long Time TSR Visitor, First Time Poster!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my fellow video game graphics enthusiasts! I have been a fan of your website and its diligent, talented members for quite some time. Only problem is, my connection is slow as hell (I'm one of the few remaining AOL dialup users) and so is my outdated CPU, so I seem to have a lot more trouble browsing this site than most others. I use Firefox with Ad Block Plus, but it doesn't seem to do anything about the gigantic ad banners that really slow my computer down to a crawl.

In spite of this, I hope I can get to know you all, and make some friends here. I'm not sure if I broke any of the rules by mentioning RPG Maker 2000 in my profile (some online communities frown upon its use because it's "pirate software"), or if what I just said constitutes badmouthing your site ("hate speech"), because I've been banned from several message boards in the past for the tiniest violations.
Eh, don't worry about it. So long as you don't tell people how to illegally aquire RPGMaker, which I'm sure you legally aquired your copy, there shouldn't be much problems here.

So welcome, and sucks about your AOL.
Oh, I have no intention of telling people where to find it, although is it against the rules to plug one's projects? Mine always include a lot of original graphics and such. The four figures in my avatar, for example, are custom Akira Toriyama-style sprites of Sunset, Sammo, Oboro, and Pogo from Square's "Live A Live."
If it's a game, it can go in the fan-game board in sprite discussion, otherwise it can go into creativity. But remember, you are NOT allow to request sprites.
Don't worry, me and my other team members have absolutely everything covered, except for illustrations (drawings of characters, etc., sometimes displayed during the credits or between chapters).

There's an entire board just for fangames, eh? This is great news, because my current personal project is based on Dragon Quest IV.