The VG Resource

Full Version: Castlevania Lords of Shadow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does this game not have a topic?

Anyway, Discuss.
So far I like it, at chapter 5 or 6 now.
Despite the obvious GoW influences, I love the hell outta it. Certainly, it isn't traditional Castlevania, but it's a welcome departure.

Voice acting's especially awesome.
You see the portal reference too? It's in one of the fallen knight's scrolls. Also yeah, some GoW ref's are quite strong. But it's not a clone.
Isn't there like a shitload of shadow of colossus refrences in the game?

I want to get it but I feel I should wait before the price goes down.
this thread will be even worse than the other M thread
(just kidding no it won't (probably))

Quote:Also yeah, some GoW ref's are quite strong. But it's not a clone.
It borrows the primary thing about god of war that defines it in the eyes of the populace, and even utilizes it's stylings; it's combat is God of War, as are it's brutalities. yes, the game may possess other elements as well - taken directly from other popular contemporary games - but that hardly matters when the game's identity is intrinsically tied to god of war's.

So I actually am thinking of getting this when I get a PS3, I've never really gotten into to castlevania (one of the few platforming series I missed out on as a kid) so I'm completely okay with it being different from the previous games of the franchise.

I am also okay with the several references as I loved the puzzles and gameplay of GoW, so I'm completely welcome, and I heard this game was pretty long, which I'm also okay with.

The main downsides I heard was that it can get repetitive, which possibly is just biased and I'm sure theres ways to mess around with the weapons in the game, as long as there's multiple weapons it won't seem repetitive to me. Also there's the comparison with the old games and how it seems to "borrow" traits from other games. All of which I am fine with as I don't care about stuff like that.

Now based off what I said, am I meant to get this game?
Jar, yeah your meant to get it. Only problem with what you said is the lack of other weapons, your just upgrade the same one. But you can always purchase and updgrade attacks for it. However I'm only starting the second disk, so a new weapon is possible, but I doubt it.

no, there aren't any other weapons in the game, aside from sub-weapons; although you can upgrade the combat cross and you do get a butt load of attacks and abilities to use.
(10-20-2010, 09:15 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: [ -> ]no, there aren't any other weapons in the game, aside from sub-weapons; although you can upgrade the combat cross and you do get a butt load of attacks and abilities to use.

I'm okay with this, abilities I care more about.