The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic 06 Sound Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't done much in the last few weeks, but a few days ago after I got the tools from someone I started on ripping some stuff from Sonic 06. I was mainly ripping the models and some textures, but I figured the sound effects would be good to put here since I have the capability to get them. Unfortunately, it would take a while to rip them so I decided to post the sound effects and the extractor for them up in case anyone wants to take a crack at ripping these.

If you'd like to try download the sound effects pack and the extractor here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DCUM40Y
Its just a drag and drop application so its not too hard to use. It'll extract all the sounds to the current directly. All of the sound archives should be in the /sound/common/sound/ directory and should be in .AAX format once extracted.

There are probably a number of sound converters you could find for the format through Google, but one I know of that definitely works is done using Winamp. Just use the vgmstream plugin to play the file and then use the Nullsoft Disk Writer output plugin to dump the sounds to .wav format. You may need to use an older version of Winamp to use the plugin, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one if you need it. If you DO need one and can't find a copy through Google then PM me about it.

I also have the Japanese and English voices available (however bad the English dub may be), but they're about 100MB+ each so I didn't think it was really necessary to upload them immediately. Just say something if you want me to upload those.

Good luck to anyone who decides to take this up. Smile
Can't wait.
Was this post really necessary? Its been like 3 months.

Regardless, someone has already ripped this game's sounds so there's no more reason to keep this open.