The VG Resource

Full Version: So I'm looking to make a Rain Dance team.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Looking back, my teams on Platinum and SoulSilver aren't all that impressive, mostly because I never really took EV training seriously until now.

So sometime last week, I decided to man up and EV train an Adamant Buizel in Platinum; initially it was just because "Floatzel is a pretty cool guy," but then I got the idea to make a Rain Dance team. Actually making the team turns out to be the problem, however. So far, all I've managed to set in stone for a team is my future Floatzel, a Dry Skin Toxicroak, and possibly Electrode.

If anyone else could give some suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.
dream world politoed when b/w comes out unless your looking for a here and now kind of thing
Ludicolo has a unique, annoying type combination. Only things that are super effective are Poison, Flying, and Bug. Not sure about its base stats, though.
Ludicolo owns in rain

Why not just use a smogon guide for the most popular/best rain dance abusers?
Ludicolo is fantastic. He'd be great as an annoyer with Toxic and Substitute. Anything with Swift Swim is also a plus, and if you can get Aqua Ring going and slap some leftovers on, that's a hell of a lot of HP restoration each round.
Huntail is awesome. Use it.
Huntail is only good as a Mixed Sweeper in the rain, otherwise Kabutops/Omastar/Gorebyss/Qwilfish/Ludicolo do his job as a pure physical/special attacker infinitely better.
Others that might be interesting to try:

Azumarill
Drapion
Lapras
Lanturn
Milotic
Tentacruel
Isn't Vaporeon a good one? Or was that Surf?
Kingdra's got a pretty awesome stats in general
only real issue is its movepool, but you can probably get around that

be sure it's a Swift Swimmer
Raichu
Azumarril with belly drum and huge power is fun too.
Rain Dance team? What's that?
Zapdos.

It can set up Rain, Thunder Spam, then roost when it's getting low on health.
Surf Pikachu with Light Ball and Thunder.
Pages: 1 2 3