The VG Resource

Full Version: I 'unno
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When making those Gooey animations earlier, I got this really weird shadow combination.

So I turned it into this...
[Image: hmmm.png]
without background
[Image: hmmm-1.png]

Anything you guys see to make it better?

Animation that is way too fast but whatever:
[Image: hmmmsimple.gif]
I can tell little difference between the shades.

I'd add some contrast.
I'm assuming you are talking about the blue and dark blue?
I only used three colors here: that greenish color, and the blue and dark blue.

I'll try augmenting the blues to put more contrast between them.
but seriously, what is this and what is it for?
(10-17-2010, 01:29 PM)Alexsani Wrote: [ -> ]but seriously, what is this
It's a ship.
The animation shows that well.

(10-17-2010, 01:29 PM)Alexsani Wrote: [ -> ]what is it for?

Let's read the first post.
(10-17-2010, 01:25 PM)Nindo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming you are talking about the blue and dark blue?

Basically yes, looking at them at this size it's a little difficult to tell the difference between the two.

Maybe lighten up the blue or darken the darker shade.
Well, here's my hand at making the original one better in terms of contrast.
[Image: hmmmbetter.png]

Though the darkest shade always seems to get muddled no matter what I do, so I did some experimenting:
[Image: hmmm-2.png]
[Image: hmmmbetter1.png] I particularly like this one.
[Image: hmmmbetter3.png]
(10-17-2010, 07:14 PM)Nindo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, here's my hand at making the original one better in terms of contrast.
[Image: hmmmbetter.png]

Though the darkest shade always seems to get muddled no matter what I do, so I did some experimenting:
[Image: hmmmbetter1.png] I particularly like this one.
[Image: hmmmbetter3.png]

I dunno, the second and third seem more or less eye-blinding.

However, I see some potential use of the colors used in each recolor. I would like to throw in an edit if you don't mind.

[Image: 5d1lbq.jpg]
I messed around with the palates used, I also took advantage of adding an extra 2 shades and added a bit of detail (since, when I was editing it I realized that, it looked a tad bland in terms of shading)

Perhaps using this as an reference could help you come up with something better.
how is that better in any way?

this is the best one.
its all about context. if you're going to place it on a dark background, then bright colors should work better.

if you place it on a light background, then subtle amount of contrast should add readbility.

if you just stick to a transparent background, thne focus on contrast and proper outlines.