The VG Resource

Full Version: Take 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone remember the Saria I made back a ways? After seeing Chirs2Balls rework Beedle I thought I'd rework Saria (obviously not in the same way C2B did, but...)

[Image: HiS8M.png]

New one on the right.
make the hair taller
it looks like she's just straight up missing the top half of her skull
[Image: saria2.png]?
i prefer the new one! the hairline seems unnaturally low, but overall it's better!
I LOVE IT!!!!
im a huge zelda fan and i love the way you made sariaBig Grin
please make some moreTongue
peltos: it's very nice to express your appreciation of his piece, but be constructive too! Wink

I'd suggest you move the neck back a bit too, maybe use more but less contrasted shades?
Thinking of giving c&c but I gotta ask before I do; are you trying to mimic the official style of Z64's art or are you trying to do your own thing? I can't really tell.
Try moving her facial features a bit up. They seem pretty low on the face.

The second take is great so far.
(10-16-2010, 07:54 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]maybe use more but less contrasted shades?
I'm not too awful good at shading so I tried keeping it simple

(10-16-2010, 07:59 AM)Neoriceisgood Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking of giving c&c but I gotta ask before I do; are you trying to mimic the official style of Z64's art or are you trying to do your own thing? I can't really tell.
my own thing, I'd like to do non-Zelda characters also but keeps them in a universal style.

And following NinX's crit and the hairline crit I have:
[Image: 1LipI.png]
Well if you aren't going for straight Zelda style, I would suggest sprucing the hair up, making it more dynamic. It seems like it would add a lot to the piece as right now its really simple.
If you are going for simple then disregard this.
Maybe it's the style, but I find the hair very, very flat. From the shading her hair seems to be two different colours of green, not to mention it doesn't follow the face at all.. Maybe add some highlights? Just my two cents.
I agree with BynineB, it's flat because you don't have any shades and your light source is all over the place. Assuming it's coming from the top left hand-side because of the highlights on the eyes, you could approach it like this:

[Image: editt.png]

It's quite a messy edit, and there are a few things that I didn't really do or fix, but hopefully it gives you an idea.

Keep it up, it's looking great!