The VG Resource

Full Version: Oh No, not this guy again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately for you, I have returned to the Spriters Resource. What? You don't remember me? Of course you don't. So, here you go, a start of a sprite sheet.

[Image: 15fg8xt.png]

Oh yeah, WIP until I can think of a color to make the shirt.
(10-14-2010, 05:04 PM)Toad Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately for you, I have returned to the Spriters Resource. What? You don't remember me? Of course you don't. So, here you go, a start of a sprite sheet.
[Image: woody_can_be_anything_by_calisyourpal-d30rj77.jpg]

First of all, get rid of all the shading. Then, do something about the shape of the hair. After that, give some sense to his trousers.
The colours really aren't good, they lack contrast, they're boring and far too light, especially against the black. Volume is conveyed poorly and the light seems inconsistent: it seems rather calm on his face and intense on his trousers. Keep trying, you'll get there.
Also something to note, those two straps or whatever going across his torso don't make sense perspectively. The intersect point between them should be shifted to the right in order to make sense perspectively with the sprite in general, and the strap going / should be a very tiny bit thinner on the right (his left) shoulder.
the anatomy on the arms seem wicked sketchy

I mean it looks like you are aiming for a cartoonish look but that isn't much of an excuse not to add some lines of it.
[Image: 4v4sd1.png]
Also Chris, what

what
What happened to the shading? Did the sun move about half a million miles closer to his location?

The straps look much better now though.
His arms are still a bit off, they are noodily. The right arm (his left) gets bigger as it goes out and his elbow is too close to the wrist.
(10-15-2010, 03:59 PM)Toad Wrote: [ -> ]Also Chris, what

what
no one even remembered or gave half a shit who you were but because you decided to go IM BACK I DONT GIVE A FUCK IM STILL POSTING everyone now has a reason to dislike you, and that image is probably how you should have been feeling

that's what
(10-15-2010, 04:32 PM)Cure For Cancer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2010, 03:59 PM)Toad Wrote: [ -> ]Also Chris, what

what
no one even remembered or gave half a shit who you were but because you decided to go IM BACK I DONT GIVE A FUCK IM STILL POSTING everyone now has a reason to dislike you, and that image is probably how you should have been feeling

that's what

I think I made it pretty clear that I know that I'm a bad spriter and most of you have forgotten me in my first post. I think I waited a long enough time to start posting again, and I'd like to get some critiques, which you guys are pretty good at. There's no reason to get so mad. Sorry.
i

wasn't mad
i was just pointing out that no matter how long you wait to come back, literally no one even gives a shit who you are, and the fact that you felt like pointing it out only proves that you DO want people to remember you no matter what you say about it
ps your IM AN AWFUL SPRITER comments are in direct violation of the rules, cease and desist immediately, sir
I'll be pretty straightforeward here; Your art is well ... fractally bad, as in, every single skillset that most spriters consider important would be rated around an F; Shading, lines, even the base palette.

Now you may go "Well I know that already" or ask "why would you want to point something like that out, it's rude" or anything in this direction; But I think it's very important to consider the position of your skill for the following reason:

I honestly feel that, if you somehow managed to increase the level of any individual skill within your sprite/pixel-work ... I'td get drowned out by everything else being bad as well, making it very difficult for an outsider to see how much you've honestly gotten better.

My suggestion for you: Don't go for "full sprites" that make use of every skill yet, you just can't do it at this point; Even if it's not necessarily what you -want- to do yet, I strongly advice you to practice with, say, pure black and white lineart.

If you do go for lineart keep in mind that, if you want to convince people that you're actually capable of producing good lineart, it might be in your own interest to pick either

a] something people are familiar enough with to judge, say a famous character

b] something that's found in reality and can thus be compared to reality, say, an anatomically correct animal or human.

Obviously it's just a suggestion, but I strongly doubt you'll get anywhere unless you get your act together and actively try to master the very base skills on which all others rest.

Hope this helps, and try not to have too much self-loathing in your own posts, I'm not sure if you were trying to imply that you're unlikeable or that the rest of the community just doesn't care about people like you, but it just comes across as either rude or an attempt at getting attention, I'd strongly advice you never to start a topic like that again.

Peace out.
(10-16-2010, 07:55 AM)Neoriceisgood Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be pretty straightforeward here; Your art is well ... fractally bad, as in, every single skillset that most spriters consider important would be rated around an F; Shading, lines, even the base palette.

Now you may go "Well I know that already" or ask "why would you want to point something like that out, it's rude" or anything in this direction; But I think it's very important to consider the position of your skill for the following reason:

I honestly feel that, if you somehow managed to increase the level of any individual skill within your sprite/pixel-work ... I'td get drowned out by everything else being bad as well, making it very difficult for an outsider to see how much you've honestly gotten better.

My suggestion for you: Don't go for "full sprites" that make use of every skill yet, you just can't do it at this point; Even if it's not necessarily what you -want- to do yet, I strongly advice you to practice with, say, pure black and white lineart.

If you do go for lineart keep in mind that, if you want to convince people that you're actually capable of producing good lineart, it might be in your own interest to pick either

a] something people are familiar enough with to judge, say a famous character

b] something that's found in reality and can thus be compared to reality, say, an anatomically correct animal or human.

Obviously it's just a suggestion, but I strongly doubt you'll get anywhere unless you get your act together and actively try to master the very base skills on which all others rest.

Hope this helps, and try not to have too much self-loathing in your own posts, I'm not sure if you were trying to imply that you're unlikeable or that the rest of the community just doesn't care about people like you, but it just comes across as either rude or an attempt at getting attention, I'd strongly advice you never to start a topic like that again.

Peace out.

You make the best posts.
Serously.

Anyways, the hair needs a less contrasting shade, soo the AA will look less grainy and look smoother.