The VG Resource

Full Version: Afresh New Look (TSRc, 11/10/10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i'm posting now to make a wonderful announcement.
You know that red theme you guys are used to? That "Afresh Flame" one?
Well, it's now available in four new flavors!

You can now experience Afresh in

Berry...
[Image: afreshberry.png]

Mint...
[Image: afreshmint.png]

Plum...
[Image: afreshplum.png]

and Midnight!

(how one tastes midnight is beyond me... @_@)
[Image: afreshmidnight.png]

Now, I bet most of you have noticed something about these themes by now.

We're going to do something pretty novel with these themes: These skins will be forced upon users in their respective Submissions forum. This means you cannot change out the themes on these forums - no matter what, you'll be stuck with that theme on that part of the forum. But, since it's a variation of the regular Afreshes, you probably won't mind.
You can also use these themes outside of the Submissions forum - which is the case for the Midnight theme, which I wanted to bring up here...

To reflect the creation of the VG Resource and the "Resource Network", we're considering changing the theme defaults so the Midnight theme will be the new default. Hate Midnight? It won't be forced upon you, so you can always go back to Flame if you absolutely can't stand it!

Meanwhile, if you have suggestions as how to improve Midnight, feel free to voice your opinion on it!

So that about wraps it up - please, do enjoy the new skins and voice your input on Midnight!

[And, depending on whether Dazz gets home from his 5 month trip around the world or if I make new logos (whichever comes first) the themes will have the logos of their respective Resource division in the header. But don't expect that for a while because I have to make them first >>]
Go for it. If the VG Resource is supposed to be the hub of the other resources, then the default forum skin should probably reflect that. People who don't like it can switch back to Afresh Flame and things will be exactly as they were.

I haven't checked out Midnight yet, so I've got no commentary on the skin itself yet.
none of these are the pixeltendo skin they are all inferior pieces of lump
Mint rules.

Plum=Eyesore
A blue TSR?
I love you.
(10-12-2010, 09:50 PM)Proton Wrote: [ -> ]A blue TSR?
I love you.

not just one but two blue tsrs
They're alright but it's annoying when im using the BoHeGeHa skin and clicking the respective resources suddenly changes the skins.
I'd like to be able to view the resources without automatic skin change.
(10-13-2010, 03:44 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]
I love you.

three, if you count bohegeha (which is better than all of these)
(10-13-2010, 11:40 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2010, 03:44 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]
I love you.

three, if you count bohegeha (which is better than all of these)

You really don't need to comment then since this not going to change anything for you. I don't even see why you voted for anything anyway since you are not even using the default theme anymore anyhow.
wow okay I wasn't the only one to comment on that but ok

and wait a second it actually /does/ change things because it still reverts back to afresh when I enter any of the resource sections, sooooooooooooooo

edit- no to mention that my vote was a legitimate answer to kosheh's question
I prefer flame to midnight, and I voted accordingly
Default and PT BoHeGeHa are the only two I like and the latter mostly just for nostalgic reasons soooo yeah I voted for keeping Flame default.
But you are not gonna be using either of them anyway? Also do you like it just because you like red over blue or is there an actual forum based reason? (describe so maybe issues can be fixed.)

Also it is gonna revert back to afresh in the resource area it has been decided already that each one will have the right color and stuff. Not sure if a way could be made to turn this off but tbh I found it cool that it could be done. If not then I guess the most helpful advice I could give you is to not go in the resource section. (which isn't very much sorry.)
(10-14-2010, 12:53 PM)Kat Wrote: [ -> ]You really don't need to comment then since this not going to change anything for you. I don't even see why you voted for anything anyway since you are not even using the default theme anymore anyhow.
kat can you seriously stop trying to shit on vipershark for no reason

i said the exact same thing earlier but because i'm me apparently no one gives a shit
VIPERSHARK IS GAY posts are fucking annoying and make you come off like you're one of those new members who tries to be a huge dick to everyone because they think it'll help them fit in

you're a good person and I don't have anything against you but god damn you need to stop doing that
I'm not even trying to, I am seriously trying to find how why people have voted for things and if it is more then just a nostalgia thing. (I skipped over your post, plus it says nothing but you like Bohegeha and you didn't vote. I'm just trying to find out why Viper put to stay a purist and not change the default when he isn't even using flame.) Honestly didn't mean for it to come off as a shit on viper post.

Honestly I do prefer Bohegeha mainly because I like dark blue and it is more pleasing to my eyes but it is hard to navigate in safemode so as of late I've been using midnight.

Either way I don't see how changing the default it going to affect some people like Viper so I wanna see their reasonings behind it. Sorry Viper if it came off a little shit on you type of way.
Like I said, I vote to keep the default as flame because I prefer flame's looks to midnight's.
Pages: 1 2