The VG Resource

Full Version: Any tips for a person who wants to start game collecting at a small pace?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I happen to be a fan of crossover games, and I mean a HUGE fan. I really love crossover games to the point where I'll just buy them just because it's a crossover game, even though the game sucks. I've been meaning to start collecting crossover games and I've starting compiling a list of crossover games that I would like to get, but I don't know if I should start now.

In order to start collecting, I'll need game systems both old and new and a place to put them in. In my current condition, that's just not possible because I live in a cramp place with my family with nowhere to put them in. So I decided to just start slowly and just buy small things like promotional stuff and guides. Of course I'll buy games for the system's I already own but I don't know if I should buy games for systems I don't own, because I'll eventually buy them in the future when I have more space and more money to spend.

Those are some ideas but I don't really know how to go about this. How can I start a game collection with limited space and money?
It's not a crossover, but the Legacy of Kain series has a really great interconnecting story (except for Blood Omen 2), and they're all pretty good, gameplay-wise (except for Blood Omen 2). All the titles run for relatively cheap, too, but good fucking luck finding a copy of Soul Reaver or Blood Omen 1.
Well your best bets are hitting up the local: Flea market's, Garage Sales, festivals where denizens sell their junk what some call Junk Off's. Start there grab any strategy guides you can find. Start off slow. The key to getting a good collection going is to constantly be on the look out for yard sales and whatever. Also Conventions are super sweet, but they tend to be a bit expensive since the seller usually knows how much it's ACTUALLY worth.

When you get that bigger place and cash, it's time for eBay, Craigs List, Kijjiji and any import online stores.