The VG Resource

Full Version: heavy WIP: drawing to sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: READYTOPIXELzzzxxss.png]

im converting a sketch to pixel art now
heavy wip
the parts that aren't done should be obvious

also thinking of playing around with the face

C+C
How many colours are there in this? Her breasts look weird, the dithering between her eye and nose looks off, still quite blurry and the colours don't convince me ( i don't think the ramps are consistent, or at least the pixels clusters kind of give the impression). i'll edit something and post it soon
oh and banding on forehead
that is a really manly face/ everything

and saggy tits

also dont use black outlines or even outlines at all in semi realistic stuff

and the neck looks detatched cuz of the dark shading

and this is super fucking dirty and has a million worthless colours
chris i wish you were dead one million times over
right despite the crits i gave earlier, don't get me wrong: i like the feel of this picture, you did a good job blending your style to the scan
anywayyy here's my edit:
[Image: gized.png]
the tits were so hard to do
also why the hate shurn
dont worry chris

when shawn says that he hates you, then he meant the exact opposite of what he said
Edited to remove WORDS WORDS WORDS

This (NSFWish, nudity) is a faaaairly good reference for what you're doing: notice that there ISN'T a strong line for cleavage, because there isn't significant support that you'd get from say, a corset (or if they were silicone x: )

Boobs are basically sacks of fat, so unsupported, their weight mostly falls towards the bottom. Chris' paintover is fairly close, but still with cleavage -- this is wrong because the boobs aren't being squished together. Look at the photo! The gap between the breasts has very little fat on it at all, all that's there is the breastbone really.

http://fav.me/d2kq3kp
Here is a fairly nice primer for drawing ladies! It covers basic body shapes and drawing natural breasts of varying sizes (obviously a bit NSFW again)

Something else to remember that I'm not sure the primer mentioned (only skim-read it, really); breasts fall slightly outwards from the collarbone. You can see that in the photo I linked to, actually- they curve around the ribcage a little, so the weight is to the bottom and slightly towards the arms, rather than deadbang straight down from the pectoral muscle c:
yeah, you're right

I'm tired of seeing people drawing a "Y" in the middle of the boobs

when does that happen, really? Maybe unless someone/something is squishing them together hard, but :I
You only really get a Y shape if they're being squished together and up
which would really hurt, actually Very Sad

you have now seen but the beginning of my Campaign for Realistic Ladies >:D
I don't like how you tried to define her right shoulder's form. I think it should be more subtle. It almost resembles an outline or gradient, I don't know.
(10-09-2010, 06:17 PM)GorsŁ« Gors Wrote: [ -> ]when does that happen, really? Maybe unless someone/something is squishing them together hard, but :I

anime.