The VG Resource

Full Version: Reworkshop Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I had this idea, I was inspired by TUGS preliminary round: we could have a thread in which we can submit lineart, greyscale pieces and WIPs, so that other users can experiment with them.
The point of this thread would be:
a) To have fun editing: confronting users to a piece and a way of pixeling which isn't theirs, and working around it.
b) Giving ideas to the people submitting their work, and to those viewing the thread.
c) Making users progress.

What do I mean by edits? What can I do?
You can do what you like, you choose what file you're interested in editing, and what in that file you're interested in editing. What you do with it is entirely up to you: rotate, reduce, expand, shift hues, reduce/expand contrast/brightness, reshade, colour swaps/reduction... Anything goes. If the sprite is too far gone/ whatever, you can take its concept and start from scratch.

Only submit your own work, or the work of others' (listed below) which you have modified.

Pieces so far:
Does this mean I can throw lineart in here for people to mess around with?
Or doodles, whatever comes to mind I believe Smile
(10-07-2010, 06:23 AM)Neoriceisgood Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean I can throw lineart in here for people to mess around with?
Yes! That's it! It can be anything unfinished!
Well I got a lot of those. Hm... I'd be interested in seeing if I can dig up my ancient bad sprites and see what people can do with them as a challenge.
[Image: tobiwhite.png]

Okay have a lineart.
Just wondering, but isn't this basically what the lineart thread is for?
Yes but it goes further than it by including edits and other things besides lineart.
Also, should I sticky this? (thank post if you think I should)
Just something quick because I can't be bothered at the moment.
[Image: neoriceisgood.png]
can we post finished sprites to "revamp"?
Yeah! Anything goes! It's all apart sharing opinions/point of views, it's a workshop!
I'm honestly surprised that this thread hasn't been hammered yet for encouraging edits.
This is a good thing.
Yeah but it's going to be quality edits, not megaman/mario/whatever edits
What you submit must be done by you. And it mustn't be designed for the sake of dumping it in this thread.
You guys can edit pretty much anything I've done, I don't think very highly of my work anyways Smile

I'll just post this here for now, don't want to go through my older shit at the moment:
[Image: zeldav3.png]
[Image: norked.png]
When I mean edit, I mean a rework of the sprite/ pixel art, rather like a song is remixed/reworked. Or completing somebody's ebauche.
[Image: guh.png]
[Image: gohlineart.png]
[Image: gahlines.png]
[Image: c2bnew.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16