The VG Resource

Full Version: SMK King Boo Sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: smk_boo_sheet.png]

I think it looks pretty good but not perfect. Though I'm not sure how to improve it so C&C please? Smile
halfway thru the sheet the sprite switched its white and lost its shadows.

its not an impresive or skill-demanding task to do these anyway. specially for a character thats basically a ball with a face slapped on it.
(10-04-2010, 10:03 PM)/■/ Wrote: [ -> ]halfway thru the sheet the sprite switched its white and lost its shadows.

Just realized the white. o.o And it didn't lose the shadows except one sprite, the arms are blocking it's reg. body for others.

(10-04-2010, 10:03 PM)/■/ Wrote: [ -> ]its not an impresive or skill-demanding task to do these anyway. specially for a character thats basically a ball with a face slapped on it.

True... Still took a while, but so do any sheets...

I'll go fix the white. *feels embarrassed*

EDIT:[Image: smk_boo_sheet-1.png]

This better?

your "credit tag" is half of the sheet itself. the third sprite from right to left is literally driving the kart as if it was a lawnmower, while the first one fron right to left is just pulling a lever. not to mention he is actually a larger than usual boo, so it should be at least of bowser's size.

how can you exactly claim credit for an sprite edit goes beyond me. its not even your work, its a terrible work, and if someone is still dumb enought to "steal it" (derp) they'll just remove/crop the useless credit tag.
Well its not "terrible" work. SMK is a good place for a beginner to start developing 360º skills.

As for the credit I suggest you make it pure small text and put it in the top right corner space. Then chop off all that extra space at the bottom.
im pretty sure we have rules against credit tags taking up more than half of the sheet
and similar rules against LMAO EMPTY SPACE XDDD parts of a sheet too

have you even bothered to read the spriting and pixel art forum rules yet
or the "how to make a sprite sheet" thread
spoilers: it's a trick question, you obviously haven't
(10-05-2010, 01:49 AM)/■/ Wrote: [ -> ]your "credit tag" is half of the sheet itself. the third sprite from right to left is literally driving the kart as if it was a lawnmower, while the first one fron right to left is just pulling a lever. not to mention he is actually a larger than usual boo, so it should be at least of bowser's size.

Lawnmower to lever? Well, the steering wheel isn't very visible there... So I can't exactly think of a remedy for that. I don't know about the bowser thing though... I mean he is but, uh, I guess I could come up with something.

(10-05-2010, 01:49 AM)/■/ Wrote: [ -> ]how can you exactly claim credit for an sprite edit goes beyond me. its not even your work, its a terrible work, and if someone is still dumb enought to "steal it" (derp) they'll just remove/crop the useless credit tag.

The only thing "edited" in this sprite was the kart for modifications for King Boo. Otherwise it's mine. And they'll remove the tag for all sheets as well if they try to steal it.

(10-05-2010, 03:07 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Well its not "terrible" work. SMK is a good place for a beginner to start developing 360º skills.

As for the credit I suggest you make it pure small text and put it in the top right corner space. Then chop off all that extra space at the bottom.

Thank you. I am just starting to do 360º work. Usually it's Mario or Pokemon sprites. I should probably do those next but I really want to get at least one kart done before I move on.

And sure. I was going to add an alternate King Boo (Luigi's Mansion) originally, but that was not the mainstream King Boo so I decided against that. So it's kind of is a remnant of that.

(10-05-2010, 06:14 AM)Cure For Cancer Wrote: [ -> ]im pretty sure we have rules against credit tags taking up more than half of the sheet
and similar rules against LMAO EMPTY SPACE XDDD parts of a sheet too

have you even bothered to read the spriting and pixel art forum rules yet
or the "how to make a sprite sheet" thread
spoilers: it's a trick question, you obviously haven't

I would say yes but that wouldn't serve any purpose than to have you respond back saying, "NO YOU DIDN'T!!!1!!11!".
(10-05-2010, 07:22 AM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]I would say yes but that wouldn't serve any purpose than to have you respond back saying, "NO YOU DIDN'T!!!1!!11!".

Ok, so I just want to get this straight.
You just admitted to reading the rules on sprite sheets, right?
Right.
So....
"12. If you're posting a spritesheet
make sure that your tag isn't more than a note off in the corner of your sheet, make sure you're not making a point to show of "BLANK SPACE OMG XDD", and make sure your tag doesn't have any annoying recolors completely irrelevant to the actual sheet doing something near your tag and making it take up more space than is needed. Starting now, these will all be deserving of a light warning."

Are you admitting to consciously breaking the rules then? I don't quite understand that.
(10-05-2010, 01:14 PM)Nindo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2010, 07:22 AM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]I would say yes but that wouldn't serve any purpose than to have you respond back saying, "NO YOU DIDN'T!!!1!!11!".

Right.
So....
make sure that your tag isn't more than a note off in the corner of your sheet, make sure you're not making a point to show of "BLANK SPACE OMG XDD", and make sure your tag doesn't have any annoying recolors completely irrelevant to the actual sheet doing something near your tag and making it take up more space than is needed. Starting now, these will all be deserving of a light warning."

Are you admitting to consciously breaking the rules then? I don't quite understand that.

You just proved my point.

(10-05-2010, 04:52 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]You just proved my point.

It's funny when you act like your point is going to be ignored in an unjustified fashion

but your point is completely stupid.

If you accidentally forgot a rule then just fix it, don't whine about it and act like you did no wrong.
(10-05-2010, 05:04 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's funny when you act like your point is going to be ignored in an unjustified fashion

If you accidentally forgot a rule then just fix it, don't whine about it and act like you did no wrong.

I know I did wrong and I am fixing it as soon as I figure out how I could possibly further improve my sprites. Why change it now just for the tag unless you guys are allowing me to submit it?
(10-05-2010, 04:52 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2010, 01:14 PM)Nindo Wrote: [ -> ]

Right.
So....

You just proved my point.

The point that your breaking the rules for no apparent reason as a new member only to be bnanded and complain to us later with a back-peddaling on an alternate account post saying you didn't mean it or didn't read the rules? Right?

Anyways, a problem I see is that in some sprites he looks like a pancake and in others a ball. Notably, the diagonal sprites.
(10-05-2010, 05:04 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]

thread should have ended here, every post after it (including this one) is fucking retarded
(10-05-2010, 07:27 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, a problem I see is that in some sprites he looks like a pancake and in others a ball. Notably, the diagonal sprites.

Pancake and Ball... Well, isn't he supposed to be a ball? And by pancake do you mean lack of shading, or the shape?

(10-05-2010, 07:38 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]Pancake and Ball... Well, isn't he supposed to be a ball? And by pancake do you mean lack of shading, or the shape?
it's an edit and you should be given a gunshot in the balls for thinking it took any talent to do
why the fuck would you even want to consider trying to "improve" it when you could do something that actually takes talent and make a custom sprite

"but my edits look h-" yeah shut the fuck up, it doesn't matter if you're the worst artist in the world, no one here would prefer to see an edit from you over a custom because we're not the rest of the internet.

you see
we're (mostly) competent, and we (i can vouch for a handful of people here, so don't try to bullshit me on the "we" thing) are fucking tired of seeing people go HEY LOOK AT THIS EDIT I MADE ISN'T IT SO AMAZING I BET YOU'RE ALL JEALOUS WAIT WHY ARE YOU GUYS BEING SO MEAN TO ME I CAME HERE FOR ASSLICKING AND BUTTFUCKING WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT YOU GUYS ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO HELP ME BE A BETTER ARTIST BY TELLING ME TO STOP MAKING EDITS I DONT WANT THIS AT ALL!!!!

so yeah
either stop editing or kindly get the fuck off of this forum
Pages: 1 2