The VG Resource

Full Version: CoolYoshi's Customs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I made an M&L Sumo Bro, and it is a WIP, I want to know what you guys think.
[Image: wip3il8.png]
It's mouth thing doesn't look right but I just can't put my finger on it.
Goemar Wrote:It's mouth thing doesn't look right but I just can't put my finger on it.
No that's his mouth from SMW, it is shaped like that. Also I rounded out the head.
[Image: wip3lc9.png]
I know it's shaped like that, I'm saying it just doesn't look right for some reason.
Move the mouth to the right a few pixels.
Tonberry2k Wrote:Move the mouth to the right a few pixels.
It is supposed to be hanging out a little bit Ton, I think i'll leave it.
It sticks out by a single pixel in SMW.
I agree with Ton on this. Why not just try it, post and let us see?
Goemar Wrote:It sticks out by a single pixel in SMW.
I agree with Ton on this. Why not just try it, post and let us see?
I tried and it looks like a badger, and it looks even more weird. M&L gives a new feel to things, and it should stick out a little like that.
Just freaking edit it instead of trying to argue. Keep the original next to it. It it doesent work out, just delete that and keep the original.

These sprites are really under shaded and a bit underdetailed for M&L
Cshad Wrote:Just freaking edit it instead of trying to argue. Keep the original next to it. It it doesent work out, just delete that and keep the original.

These sprites are really under shaded and a bit underdetailed for M&L
Ok It is detailed, I have everything on it ok, and it is shaded well, I have 12 colors, ok when I moved it over a pixel, it looks weird, it is the one on the right, the original has the mouth sticking out a bit, that's how it's supposed to be, and I think I should stay with the original
[Image: wip3bv8.png]
undershaded.

Even if it has the right amount of colours, you hardly use any of them except the base shade of each colour
Phantom Kirby Wrote:undershaded.

Even if it has the right amount of colours, you hardly use any of them except the base shade of each colour
I used the M&L shading, and I have shading in all areas that need it! I have two colors per shade, that fits the style.
[Image: wip3pc8.png]
I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. The shading looks fine for this style, stop saying it's undershaded.

Good job so far CY. There's only a few small things you could edit before you bv=egin sheeting this:
- Arms look like stubs. Make them a bit longer.
- Add some dark gray (outline) to the top of the shell. If you need help on that check out Tolstar.
- The outline between the mouth and head isn't needed. Either make it dark gray with blending around it, or erase it and shape the top of the mouth a little.
- White shine on the shoe isn't needed.
- White shine on the head isn't needed either. Just make the shine a small circle of that lighter orange you used (with no blendinfg around it).
- Mouth sheould be symmetrical in shape. The right side of it is a little lopsided.
Parakoopa Wrote:I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. The shading looks fine for this style, stop saying it's undershaded.

Good job so far CY. There's only a few small things you could edit before you bv=egin sheeting this:
- Arms look like stubs. Make them a bit longer.
- Add some dark gray (outline) to the top of the shell. If you need help on that check out Tolstar.
- The outline between the mouth and head isn't needed. Either make it dark gray with blending around it, or erase it and shape the top of the mouth a little.
- White shine on the shoe isn't needed.
- White shine on the head isn't needed either. Just make the shine a small circle of that lighter orange you used (with no blendinfg around it).
- Mouth sheould be symmetrical in shape. The right side of it is a little lopsided.
Ok I fixed it,
[Image: wip3ku3.png]
CoolYoshi Wrote:Ok I fixed it,
[Image: wip3ku3.png]
Much, much better. Make the left arm a bit shorter and the bottom right of the head more round, and you 're good to go.

EDIT: Top of the right arm is a little odd also. Maybe a little thicker?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12