The VG Resource

Full Version: Halo Reach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else playing?
i am.
trying to get my rank back bc reset.
Its the main reason I haven't ripped anything in weeks. I have to say, its my favorite game of 2010. I plan on playing Black Ops, but I really doubt I'll like it as much this game even with all of the cool stuff they put in it.

By the way, if anyone wants to do some custom games or something just say so.
i like how shadowth thought a call of duty game was going to be good
best part of this thread hands down

also this game is apparently good but i dont give enough of a fuck to get it myself, so i'll just mooch off of some friends and borrow it from them
(10-03-2010, 07:42 PM)Cure For Cancer Wrote: [ -> ]i like how shadowth thought a call of duty game was going to be good
best part of this thread hands down

Because games that break sales records are awful. Uh huh.

I don't particularly like the style of play in the Call of Duty games personally, but they're fun to play every once in a while. Its hard to argue they're particularly bad games when so many people play them though unfortunately. There's a damn good reason I never bought the map packs for MW2. If I didn't have a bunch of friends that played the game I wouldn't have bothered much with the multiplayer at all.
(10-03-2010, 07:58 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Its hard to argue they're particularly bad games when so many people play them though unfortunately. There's a damn good reason I never bought the map packs for MW2.
no it's not
people like games like mw2 for the same reason people like top 40 music

they're easily pleased and don't care enough to look just beneath the surface for the good games
Yeah, except, Top 40 music isn't all that bad, it's just that people either like other kinds of music or are just fucking pretentious.
Well its obvious that it isn't aimed at everyone. While, the rating says M, its simplicity in its play lends itself to a younger crowd. That same simplicity also has a big appeal to older casual gamers as well making it that much more popular.

Certainly anyone with a good taste would say otherwise, but many casuals will try to explain why games like COD are so good by pointing out what's good about them and then continually trying to justify why the game breaking parts of them should be either embraced or ignored.

My school is full of obsessive COD fanboys so I know. Going from that its pretty obvious why I don't play with many friends I've made since I've moved to Florida on XBL all that often.
(10-03-2010, 08:28 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, except, Top 40 music isn't all that bad, it's just that people either like other kinds of music or are just fucking pretentious.
Wow okay, way to put words in my mouth big guy

I didn't say anywhere in that post that it was bad, the implication was very obvious (don't even try to argue otherwise) that top 40 music is SIMPLE, just like popular games are SIMPLE and have absolutely no depth
Reach's campaign is really fun. I only played for 5 minutes but it was enjoyable.
It is by far the best Halo game. I liked Campaign a lot, I like Multiplayer when I feel like playing. Overall it's not the greatest game in the world, but it's mindless fun. I love sniping people who think flying around in a Jetpack is a 100% advantage with no repercussions for making their location known to EVERYONE.
Thread about Halo turns into a COD dispute...

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best Halo game simply because this is a new breed of the game as far as multi-player goes, new gametypes which I don't care for, shitty ranking system. I like how they did the loadouts...sprint, Jet Pack is noob. I understand they didn't want to make the same game 4 times in a row, but they should have kept most of the Halo 3 concepts as far as ranked matchmaking, I'm not partial to having to cross my fingers to get SWAT or snipers.

Forge is SEX. They really did go all out on the forge, the amount of Halo 1,2, and 3 maps already available for download is nuts. People are just balls deep in forging old maps.

It's a decent game.
I played through the campaign mode with a friend the other day. In like, one sitting.
On Easy.

First Halo game I've ever played, and probably the first time ever spent more than an hour playing a console FPS. I wouldn't say I really liked it (I'm no good at it, and getting killed/respawning over and over got frustrating and un-fun towards the end of the campaign), but they made some legitimate attempts to keep shit varied, which a lot of FPSs I've seen definitely DON'T do.

Can you do the spaceship shooting minigame in multiplayer/online? I would play it non stop.
(10-03-2010, 09:19 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]Reach's campaign is really fun. I only played for 5 minutes but it was enjoyable.
man these campaigns are getting shorter and shorter...

(10-04-2010, 04:40 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Can you do the spaceship shooting minigame in multiplayer/online? I would play it non stop.
No you cant, that would be tits though.
Pages: 1 2