The VG Resource

Full Version: Gabe's Super Fantastical Spriting Activity #1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mostly because no one else has done anything yet (and I thought it would be a good idea since TUGS just ended). This would be a competition if it were summer time, but seeing how TUGS ended and that this is the time of the year when people's lives get difficult because of life, school, and whatever else comes to mind when people list things relating to this, it's better done as an activity I think.

So, the goal of activities like this is just to get people spriting, and as such themes should generally be /awesome/. So, I thought it would be cool to have the theme be Music. The idea behind this thing is to pick a song (or several songs) and sprite what comes to mind when listening to it. You could sprite a scene, a character (preferably with animations because animations are pretty rad), a mockup, just, something really. If the song you pick is a song that if it could manifest itself physically you would punch it through a wall; sprite a yourself punching it through a wall. Pick a song from the new Pokemon Black and White OST and sprite a Pokemon battle to that or something I don't know just be really creative.

The activity ends two weeks from now (so, October 16th).

The post will be edited with whoever decided to do something (WIPs included) when it all ends.

Gogogo.
Ends Sept. 16th?

Damn. I missed it.

Sounds coo, though.
Oh ffs

OCTOBER 16TH because I'm stupid.
I wanna try this now, but I need to find time to do it!
It's a pretty good idea of a theme. I'll definitely try and get a piece for this one! It'll probably be something inspired by the music of Immortal Technique about corrupt government and such. Hopefully I can make that interesting. =)

Ooh. Nice concept. I'll try to squeeze out something decent.
got myself out of spriting/pixelart hibernation for this.
[Image: cranewife.png]
hi.
it's based on crane wife 1,2, and 3 by The Decemberists

also, i know like one song by technique.
Just a reminder for yall; today is the 12th.
Gabe and I determined that the Halloween event might interfere with this challenge and he said he'd extend the deadline until way after the Halloween event is over. I don't know exactly when, but there's no need to really worry about a deadline for this at the moment!