The VG Resource

Full Version: Controversial short film I made.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey just wanted to share a short film I filmed last June. We were able to get into Calgary International Film Festival with it and won an award, but had a bunch of people walk out of our film and complain about the content and violence.

It is violent, but not that bad compared to a lot of films out there. It focuses around a school shooting.

Love to hear what you guys think. Bit of a jump from Joe haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWOJWw7Pj0U
Wow man, that was really professional. I liked the way you rewinded on the different characters.
The acting and camerawork is great too.

But it's barely violent, i dunno why those people walked out. Normally film festivals are filled with scary horrific shit.
i can't see how this could motivate someone to walk away from the film. maybe people doesnt want to realize thats the world we're living in.

but yes, i am amazed at the production of the film itself.
Very professional. I can't see why anyone would walk out, there really was no reason. Other than for the reasonl Meta stated.
This was fantastic! I'm looking forward to future films by you.
Great job dude, this is really well made
Thanks guys that means a lot. The wholeviolence reaction from you guys is kind of what I was expecting originally and hoping for. I didn't really think the film was that violent when I was filming it.

The festival does have a lot of horror films that are waaay worse then what we had but being a part of a bunch of shorts that weren't violent I guess people weren't expecting it. I was definently surprised by the reaction haha.
the key is, the violence in your film is actually presented as a real crude event, while on said horror films you're always aware everything its pure fantasy.

and its kids getting shot in school. that usually tends to be really shocking.