The VG Resource

Full Version: OOOH BOY. Someone made a major ommision on a sprite sheet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SmithyGCN who did this rip
http://spriters-resource.com/snes/fe3/sheet/193
forgot to include a portrait with this character. Now Smithy, you may not know this but the "Pegasus Rider" is not a generic character. She is in fact Sheeda, a MAIN CHARACTER in the Fire Emblem games. As such she deserves her portrait (face picture) to be included in the sprite sheet.
Smithy, please fix this omission by ripping her portrait, adding it to the sprite sheet, and uploading the corrected sprite sheet to Spriter's Resource.
I hope you realize that the entire style for the second sprite sheet has colored outlining and therefore a black background won't hurt it it all. And no, not every anime game/style/game ever uses a black outline just because it's 2-D. Atleast know what you are talking about before you try to say something is wrong on the site. Or did you miss the fact that all the other sprites in that style did not have black outlines, and instead used selective outlining?

Also this doesn't need an entire thread

And stop sounding so demanding geeze
(10-01-2010, 07:30 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you realize that the entire style for the second sprite sheet has colored outlining and therefore a black background won't hurt it it all. And no, not every anime game/style/game ever uses a black outline just because it's 2-D. Atleast know what you are talking about before you try to say something is wrong on the site. Or did you miss the fact that all the other sprites in that style did not have black outlines, and instead used selective outlining?

Also this doesn't need an entire thread

And stop sounding so demanding geeze

I thought the guy made a blunder, and I actually was about to try to follow a GBA ROM sprite ripping tutorial and rip it myself. Glad to know that the sprites are actually correct in his sheet. That means less work for me. A LOT less. I'll erase the second half of my above post now.
I don't even think Smithy comes here anymore to actually notice since it has been a while since I last saw a sprite rip from him.

Anyway a sprite ripper doesn't have to rip a portrait of a character on a sheet if he or she doesn't want to or doesn't think that it is part of a sheet, if the person used tools to rip the sprites, the portraits are not usually with the sprites and are elsewhere in the ROM bundled together. If you look at the other sheets of the game section except one which was done by someone else, Smithy didn't rip the portraits on them. Also a person can submit the portraits on its own sheet or a misc sheet which many do and there are cases where a character has a portrait but doesn't have a sprite to go with it like when Ultimecia ripped Adventures of Batman and Robin (SNES), Alfred only has a portrait but no sprite.

As for the wrong character name, I think posting about it in the Errors thread is the better option so the staff can correct it.
Stop making pointless threads.
This is the third thread you've ever made and now 3/3 of them are locked.
I think that's warn worthy.

There is already an errors thread AND a suggestion thread.
Also, when someone rips a sheet for the site, they are doing us a favor.
So they don't have to do anything.
Not to mention I haven't seen Smithy in a very long time. I doubt he rips sprites anymore.
He doesn't. I still talk to him semi-regularly. He's working on his own thing now.