The VG Resource

Full Version: rythym heaven wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
source

I actually want to get this, since I missed out on the DS one
I'm still going to pick up the ds copy whenever i get around to it; it's only 15 buck now

but i'll definitely have to get this too
AAAAA NO WHY
The GBA game was perfect; and although the DS game was still good, touch screen controls were just a tad too imprecise for some of the harder stuff. Perfecting some stages almost felt like luck.

Waggle is just straight-up inaccurate. I fear this ending up unplayable. The music will still be good though.
heh, what Grooveman said. If the wii version uses motion control and expects you to be even half as precise as Rhythm Tengoku / Heaven, this will be unbelievably rage-inducing.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. These guys did Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and things seemed really precise there.
I'm torn between Grooveman's and Koopaul's predictions. Smooth Moves was indeed good, but like the others said, considering how unresponsive the Touch Screen could be (Fillbots, Rhythm Rally, Moai Doo Wop), motion control seems like a definitive step in the wrong direction.
Smooth Moves was creative and great, but I ended up failing at minigames a lot of times because of the unprecision of the Wii Remote. You could see that they tried their best at Smooth Moves to make sure that you use the Wii Remote in a way that is more probable to respond, trying to dodge its limitations, and they did it really well, but in the end, it still was kinda troublesome sometimes.

I don't know how Rhythm Tengoku plays exactly, since I never played it, but I heard it was pretty similar to how WarioWare works +/- (of course, it was made by the same team), so I feel that if this uses WiiMotion Plus, it might end up really well.
I never had trouble. The problem is I see a lot of people overdoing it with their motion. Just a delicate shake or slight turn will do. When you move around too much things screw up. My friends were doing things this way and I had to train them to go lighter and softer for more accuracy.