The VG Resource

Full Version: We will have no Inferno in here, thank you.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I don't get this tagline. What exactly does "We will have no Inferno in here, thank you." mean and why is it written for the Genesis/Mega Drive section?
The Nintendo of America used to censor the religious signs (even through they were just hospital crosses) and some other absurd things, like putting clothes on statues. But in some regions Genesis/Mega Drive also have some censor, like Castlevania Bloodlines becoming "Castlevania New Generation" in Europe and the blood at the title screen was changed to something else, water if memory serves
In short

[Image: image1qv.png]

And I'm stopping with the desmotivational and random images, promise.
I still don't get it. What exactly does censorship have to do with the tagline?
Because Inferno is Hell, I'm guessing?

But why is it under the Genesis/Mega Drive section? Was there a game with the word "Inferno" on it and was censored and became well known or cause controversy?
It's one of the forbidden words. Sometimes they pick words they think might cause controversy and change it.
Well I figure that much. I believed the NES did that too with "Hell's Bell" being changed to "Deadly Towers" and they didn't bring "Devil World" to the US either due to the name.

But I just want to know why is that tagline under the Genesis section? It could work for any other section. I think you should've put a more well known tagline like "It did what Nintendidn't" or "BLAST PROCESSOR!".