The VG Resource

Full Version: I know this may sound hard.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, here people.

I know many of you say my artworks are terrible. I mean look at this here:

[Image: 128482977511.png]

Now I know many of you will think right off the bat, "He put no effort into this.", "He just copypasted shit." or reply with the same sentence or "this". But deep down inside I take deep pride in it. I'm really into graphic, ad, and web design. Photoshop, The GIMP, and Paint.NET are pretty much the same things. Even the people on Mikuchan and 4chan think it looks cool. I do draw a lot (Mainly Doodling) block-figures of me doing crazy stuff. The real problem is that I'm too used to graphic design. I guess I tried to show off my graphic design skills but messed it up. Sad

Admins/Mods please move this if this is in the Wrong Forum.

Thanks for your attention.

- Paul
Wrong place.

Can you tell me exactly which parts you did yourself and which you didn't.

I'm an experienced graphic designer myself.
I'd say really, the only part in this you can get away with not doing yourself is the actual drawing. Everything else should have been done by you from scratch.
(09-27-2010, 07:51 PM)PJAMA Wrote: [ -> ]I do draw a lot (Mainly Doodling) block-figures of me doing crazy stuff. The real problem is that I'm too used to graphic design.

...A little confused about what your point is here! Are you saying your graphic designing hinders your drawing because that makes zero sense

in fact this entire post confuses me
(09-27-2010, 07:55 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2010, 07:51 PM)PJAMA Wrote: [ -> ]I do draw a lot (Mainly Doodling) block-figures of me doing crazy stuff. The real problem is that I'm too used to graphic design.

...A little confused about what your point is here! Are you saying your graphic designing hinders your drawing because that makes zero sense

in fact this entire post confuses me

I think he's trying to say he's used to the whole. Gridlock type, pixel perfectness of graphic design. Making him bad at freehand. (Which it really doesn't) I do both just fine.
Locking because of how pointless this topic is.
How is it pointless? He's posting his work and p much asking for critique?
Other than it originally being in the wrong forum what's wrong with that?
It's mostly him saying "I don't give a shit what you have to say about my art, people from 4 chan like and and all I care about is posting it, also my love for doing graphic design prevents me from drawing good."

Honestly he posted this work in it's own thread and I'm not sure what happened to that thread past people telling him "You can tell you didn't do too much work to this."
I'm almost certain he's posted this here before, too.

The thing is - this is all horribly unconvincing as a mockup, and pretty lazy/unfinished as a Photoshop collage.
The banner at the top is blurry and covered in artefacts.
The text is aliased with a GIGANTIC outline and outerglow layer effect. It's both overly sharp and overly blurry at once how the fuck is this possible.
The glow effects on the character render feel 'weak' because the surroundings are already quite bright. You wouldn't really see the glow in the first place. If you want the red edging to stand out, play with the burn/dodge tools and make it look 'shiny'.#
The inverted closeup in the background is just straight-up terrifying. Her eyes are so soulless.
Well, it was me who locked the original topic, and exactly for those reasons.