The VG Resource

Full Version: Reimagined Characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hullo. I thought I might as well make a model project thread to keep all my things together. Here are some WIPs I plan to submit after I finish.

100% custom textures, models, etc. Except for the fact that they're fan art.

The rigs are just fyi, since we can't submit rigs.

[Image: goombsface.png]
Goomba
modeling: 100% (getting there)
texturing: 50%
rig: 0%

[Image: rkpwip.png]
Rocket Knight
modeling: 90% (getting there)
texture: 50% (still a ways to go)

[Image: whodatpokemon.png]
TMNT
modeling: 100%
texture: 10%

[Image: mushrooman.png]
WBiMW enemy
modeling: 90% (might not add legs)
texture: 100%
That's some great stuff dude. I gotta say I love the looks of these. Its also nice to see some more custom stuff around here.

What do you mean by rigs by the way? If you mean as in rigged models with bones and such than there's not really a reason you couldn't submit it like that.
Looks good!
Rig?
But, Wow, awesome stuff
Ah! Looks like this site finally has a good modeler! Although your interpretations of certain characters are slightly odd, you defiantly are excellent at both modeling and texturing!

What program do you happen to use?
yep, rigs as in bones, because i downloaded some models off tmr the other day, and i noticed they didn't have any bones.
i'll check and see if i can export/import rigs.

i use Blender, it's free and it regularly competes with the big names (the ones that cost $$).

thanks, guys. i was thinking after submitting some of them, i could edit/add to them and make them characters in an rpg project, ala KH. Smile
The reason a lot of models don't have rigging is because its impossible to rip them with them. Some though, like most Halo, most PSP, and a number of Nintendo models, DO have rigging because direct conversion was possible. Its just that most of the time there isn't a way to convert directly from the model's native format. Which reminds me that I REALLY do need to bug Dazz again at some point to add a flag to the model uploader to tell people if a model is rigged or not...

I'd suggest you use .DAE or .SMD format for models with rigging, but you're welcome to put your own format in with it as well as long you have an .OBJ+.MTL version of the model as well so its possible for everyone to use.

Please do post how that rpg project goes if you end up doing it by the way.

I love how the TMNT model looks like he just stepped out of someone's sketch book.....the goomba frightens me...he looks like some silent hill type creature, kudos for the scary ghost goomba
Nice work on the models. It'll be interesting to see what else you can bring to the forums.
[Image: goombfaces.png]
hup
it's a wip
Those eyes are terrifying holy shit
O.O
Valforwing is Very Scared of the Goomba now!
I can't wait to see your version of Bowser, him being the main villan I bet you've got him looking super ausome!
Nicely re imagined Goomba. Makes just the simple enemy of the Mario series seem more dangerous now. Are you going to do other Mario series enemies or just randomly doing things as you go?
That looks awesome. I can only imagine how hilarious that would be to see ingame. Mario games would also become horror games by ESRB standards if the rest of the game had anything like that.
thanks, guys. still have some work to do on it, like fix his teeth and tongue and try out different sizes/kinds of eyes.

i'm going through concepts like crazy, my mind is all over the place. i'm thinking of restarting rocket knight and tmnt at a later date. atm, i want to make a serious character, like maybe someone from Golden Sun.
damn, too little hours in the day for 3d.
Pages: 1 2