The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon Black/White Front, Back, Shiny, AND PokeBox Icon Spritesheets!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Cute I just signed up to the forum to submit these sheets, though I've hung out around TSR for quite a while. My friend Guan and I have been working very hard on these things. (For, like, a week now? x.x )

The game/s is/are Pokemon Black/White, for the DS. The sheets are of all the new 5th Gen Pokemon. Anyhow, here's what I've got to offer; four sheets. Two are a full listing of Front and Back spritesheets covering EVERY one of the Isshu Dex Pokemon. The other two are shiny versions of the first two.

Also included are the Pokemon Box sprites for -almost- every Pokemon in the list. (Sadly, the Summer/Autumn/Winter box sprites for Cikijika and Mebukijika were impossible for me to grab.)

Lastly, the Pokemon's names are included in their canon Japanese, as well as custom translations to English. Rather than following the translations of mainstream sources such as Serebii.net, my friend Guan (who knows quite a bit from multiple Asian languages) tried his own hand at translating the names, and came up with more-refined translations in the process.

And to sum it all up, we spent a freaking long time coming up with a nice format. XP

Anyways. Onward to the files. Tongue (Click each thumbnail to view each corresponding full sheet.)

[Image: isshudexfrontsnormalthu.png] [Image: isshudexfrontsshinythum.png] [Image: isshudexbacksnormalthum.png] [Image: isshudexbacksshinythumb.png]

These should meet all the submission guidelines just fine. I sure hope this sheet qualifies as 'good enough' for TSR. ^.^;
...Well, crap.

How about the box sprites, at least?
Sorry for double-posting...but I just now looked at Barubary's efforts.

And actually, our sheets are, in my opinion, significantly superior to Barubary's efforts. Sure, Baru got the 1st - 4th gen, as well as other in-game sprites, and I admire the speed at which he/she completed those. But for 5th gen, our sheets have entirely more information. (And, I mean...actual detailed formatting, for instance?) Plus, we've got box sprites. I don't see those among Baru's.

Of course, it's your guys' website. I just think quality matters. So, I just ask, please reconsider our 5th gen sheets to be added in.
The typing and the names aren't as pertinent information as the sprites themselves. I think they are fine as they are. Yours also uses either a white background (which can produce a variety of problems most of the time), or a transparent background (which can cause problems in certain paint formats). Either way, someone just beat you to the punch. =/
Well, for the box sprites, there's only one when there's two frames of animation for them, so those are all incomplete...
I could easily change the backgrounds to whatever desired color, though I saw no stipulations on that, and white is a simple color to work with either way.

I'll drop the issue. Quickness is superior to quality here, I can tell.
There wasn't really anything wrong with Barubary's sheets in the first place, though.
(09-27-2010, 07:09 PM)Charem Wrote: [ -> ]Quickness is superior to quality here, I can tell.

I don't really know what your intended tone was with this comment, but Barubary's submission is almost 300kb smaller in file size than yours, so I'd still consider that higher quality for what it's supposed to be.
Cross-posting what I said over at Sprite Database:

Random Talking Bush Wrote:One more thing I have to ask about the sheet. It says on the credit tag that "All sprites have been provided via Psypokes at www.psypokes.com/dex/index.php with the exception of the female miniatures, which were created by Charem.". Does that mean that you just took the images from that page and put 'em all on one sheet? That would explain why you only have one box/party icon, when they have two frames each...

(EDIT: And basically that would mean that you re-arranged Eevee/Vee-kun's sprite rips, since those are what Psypoke uses for their site, according to the credits page.)
Ninja
Make Pokemon black and white 2 sprites WITH PARTS!
Uhh what? Every Pokémon's parts are already on the site: http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmnbnw2/
BTW this topic is almost two years old so please read the rules and check post dates more closely. Locked.