The VG Resource

Full Version: Mj & Robo Mj sprites (Mj's moonwalker for Genesis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NVM, someone can close topic. I'm pretty busy and need to apply some stuff before submitting. Sorry for that.
Very cool. No Bubbles? Tongue
Since I was the one who originally ripped the sheet on tSR, I'm going to be honest here. You did a good job on the sheet but there are a few things that you need to know:

Rule of thumb is that usually whenever possible, I rip directly from the ROM using tools and what was on my sheet was all of the sprites that were rippable in the ROM. There are still a few poses that I have on the sheet that you missed out, there are a few duplicate sprites that I noticed (mainly at the Robot Jackson part) and see where the robot is shooting/flying, well in the ROM it is a different sprite that puts on top or below the character. It is called layering and it makes the difference between capturing and ripping. Yeah, the only things missing from mine are the mugshots (which was originally going to be in a serperate misc sheet), the alt palettes (which could be an emulator issue) and the entrance pose which was compressed in the ROM.

You might be thinking that I'm having a go at you, I'm not. In fact I'm pleased that someone is ripping from a Mega Drive/Genesis game and did a good job. I even offer to merge the two sheets if we could.
@Tonberry2k: Haha, yeah i missed that little monkey. I'll rip him tommorow and replace the link.

@Yawackhary: Oh, thanks so much. I really didn't want to piss off the orginal creator (you) and i'll be really glad if we merge your and mine sheet togheter. Just wait for me to update with Bubbles please and then we can do it and submit? Is that alright with you?

Oh and i ripped these directly by prinscreening and then cleaning. I didn't know there is a ROM ripping program for genesis games, i only have on for advance games. Would you mind linking me to the said program or at least telling me the name of it?
(09-24-2010, 01:17 PM)Miszi Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, thanks so much. I really didn't want to piss off the orginal creator (you) and i'll be really glad if we merge your and mine sheet togheter. Just wait for me to update with Bubbles please and then we can do it and submit? Is that alright with you?

Oh and i ripped these directly by prinscreening and then cleaning. I didn't know there is a ROM ripping program for genesis games, i only have on for advance games. Would you mind linking me to the said program or at least telling me the name of it?

That's fine by me, just take your time. Smile

As for the tool, well I used TileMolester, a special version that I found here that supports more options: http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...hp?aid=358 It requires Java unless you already have it.

I even tell you how to use it too. After unzipping the ROM and opening it up (when opening, use the All Files option), you need to set the tiles to 4bbp Linear to see the tiless via the View, Codec option. To open the palette, you can either find it in the ROM (very complex) or just create a savestate via an emulator and choose Import from Another File (the easiest option that I use).