The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy IV DS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anybody else playing this? I picked it up the other day and I love it. I've bought all 3 incarnations of FF4 and this one definitely ranks pretty high on the list.
And it's hard! Dr Lugae went from second-rate forgettable boss to one of the toughest in the game.
So share your experiences with the game here.
I had a bad experience with FFIII DS, I doubt I could bring myself to buy this game.
Ton only buys games if they've already been released at least once before.
This game warms my heart. Good GOD why can I not see Chrono Trigger DS being this rad of a remake.

And they kept the most famous line. Tellah: "You Spoony Bard!"
Because they remake Chrono Trigger after they've sold so many re-releases.
I'm playin it now. This is the shit.
I got this, played the first few minutes, and I was like HELL YES THIS LOOKS REALLY INTERESTING. IT'S NOT GROUNDBREAKING, BUT IT'LL OCCUPY MY HOLIDAY TIME. ROCK ON.

And then I found a copy of FFTA2. I've not even booted up FFIV since. 3D is cool, but not that cool.
i found ffta2 to be quite dull, there's pretty much no story whatsoever.
Also way too much grinding. I tend to rush through the story missions as fast as possible (hoping that something interesting might actually happen in the next one) so by the time I get to one I'm not leveled up enough to beat I'm so far behind I have to do 20-30 side missions just to catch back up. By that time I don't remember what uneventful events happened in the previous mission.
I've always preferred the gameplay in something like fire emblem more anyway.

But very much enjoying ff4 now Big Grin
All I have to say is that I love it, and I can't beat some of the optional Bosses

I think I'm decently far for my first time playing this Final Fantasy