The VG Resource

Full Version: [art][wip] Beauty queen etna v20000 (crits plz)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yeah, after spending 14 hours on drawing a really bad etna picture in 2009, I wanted to spend the same amount of time drawing a half-decent etna pic

Here's what I have so far. Anything wrong with the anatomy/coloring/proportions? I fixed the noticeable errors before coloring this picture, but I've become blinded after spending so long coloring this. There might be more mistakes I have missed.. feel free to be as harsh as possible

[Image: etnawip.png]

I'll update this thread with new revisions

anyways feel free to C+C, im exhausted

(the final version will have a better background)
i like it for the most part, but her spiky pigtail-esque things seem weirdly unshaded compared to most of the rest of the picture
thanks

I'm still not sure how to shade her bunches. I was considering shading them like this

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2581/af...511919.png

then like this

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/960091-trini..._screen-81

or like this

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=6377

but I'm still undecided so I left it mostly unshaded for now. I think a little more contrast would go a long way

EDIT: HERE'S YOUR PIZZA

[Image: etnawip2.png]

still unsatisfied with the hair...
maple leaf hair

the main problem imo is that... you shaded it but it's not giving that tridimensional feel, do you know? It looks volumeless.
oh? It looks flat? should I add more contrast to everything?
only the hair.
prinnies eyes are too ovally. they should just be circles with big black splots in the center and no shine

(O) (O)
colouring/ colours are bboth really awesome though
Kay, will do :>

thanks for the feedback so far, imma update soon
i see at least 2 (maybe 3 im being picky w/ this one) different lightsources on this
@Track Eleven: Thanks for the crit

but im a bit confused... where? if it's her wings, then they're spread out so they're exposed to the primary light source

i don't really understand what you mean (pictures can have more than one light source (mostly from refracted light)) but im curious on your input

Sorry for the late update, I went to a friend's house and I came back late

anyways here's an update, I changed the prinny's eyes/beak and etna's bunches

now the prinny looks disturbingly creepy lol
i'm thinking the lighting conflict is seen on prinny's highlight on the head and etna's highlight on HER head.
that puts the main lightsource somewhere to the left of etna's face, which really shouldn't happen.

her belt might need a darker shade and/or more contrast.
and them skull earrings need a biit of shading

this is awesome, i love them ankle thingies. owo
awesome, thanks for the crit

look any better?
With her hair I thing you should also shade a little more on the ones that don't have shadows because those still feel a little flat while the ones with shadows feel more or less how the rest of etna feels.
ah okay, I'll definitely fix the hair then

thanks for the feedback

EDIT:

IT'S SHARK WEEK

better?

EDIT EDIT:

SHARK WEEK OVER, GUYS

This is kinda lacking in a colourscheme for me
like it's all really warm apart from the prinny and her clothes, so they don't look especially unified.

The game has a pretty cold colourscheme - reds are more pink, blacks tend to be sort of blue/purple, etc
you've given her warm skin and hair, making it more orange, but then the clothes (with the possible exception of her boots) look cold. The best way to fix this is to move your blues to be a little more purple, and maybe hueshift the shadows a bit so they're closer to red, too.

The prinny looks kind of earthy and desaturated compared to everything else, too.

Did a very quick and dirty mockup for a colourscheme:
I basically messed around with a couple overlay layers, sampling the background colour you were using -- it made it a little dark but hopefully you can see what I mean re: the colour temperature
[Image: innocence.jpg]
Pages: 1 2