The VG Resource

Full Version: Howdy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy! I ran into this forum while looking for information on how to extract the files from Castle Crashers. I'm in the process of trying to learn how to extract files from sneaky archives, and how to animate them. I know it will be a long process, but this kind of thing has always interested me. Smile

One of my goals is to learn the skills necessary to extract files from the Scott Pilgrim vs The World game, also to extract the files from the XBLA version of Plants vs Zombies. The PC version is already extractable! Thanks to that, I was able to make a few animated GIFs through the old screen recorder method while making the background a solid color. Here's a sample: http://i47.tinypic.com/335gl85.gif (747.7kb)

I'm hoping to learn the different techniques and software people use to make animations, and other ways to get sprites!
(09-20-2010, 03:53 PM)bearexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]extract the files from the XBLA version of Plants vs Zombies. The PC version is already extractable!

There's a difference?

Hey and stuff.

Obligatory read the rules and make sure you understand them sentence.

I would make some bear puns, but we already had a topic covering that
so...
Welcome
About the PvZ XBLA version, there's a small difference. I just lack the skill and knowledge to know what they're doing with the files! Like the PC version, the XBLA one has a "main.pak" file, but they use a different compression. I looked through the other files with a hex editor and there are hints that the folder structure inside the XBLA main.pak file is at least similar to the PC main.pak file.

Eventually, I will learn to read these files better in a hex editor after going through different guides and learning how people deal with unknown files. Smile

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be lurking the rules some more along with different topics to see how people deal with sprites and animations. I will also look for that bear pun topic. Smile
i can already tell you're going to be a good user.