The VG Resource

Full Version: Lacking Sprites for RPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright I'm kinda new to this, but I'm planning on creating an RPG. Nothing new, lots of people do it.

Anyway I'm having a slight problem. I'm not a very good sprite artist. I'm working on it, but in short, I'm terrible. I'm asking anybody who's willing to lend a hand at it to help.

I'll give the game idea in short: A bunch of Nintendo characters fulfill their individual stories and end up having to help each other to fight a common enemy. I haven't gotten that far into the plot, but I'm not too bad at that.

The game is being made on OHRRPGCE, and although its not the best RPG editor/maker, I wanted to make the game in a Final Fantasy 1-6 format. I like those games alot.

That means there are a few sprite requirements due to the program:
The overworld/walkabout sprites are a measly 20x20
I need hero/battle sprites to go along with them, they are sized 32x40
I can have enemies in sizes 34x34, 50x50, and 80x80
I need weapons to appear when the character uses them; 24x24
Attacks also need to be made, they are sized 50x50
Background and title screens are sized 320x200
Portraits are sized 50x50
Map tiles are sized 20x20, but i can only import them via background(I'll explain in detail shortly.)

Also, all of the sprites have to have a 16 color pallet. Map tiles and backgrounds don't. Not my doing.

It's also notable to mention I can have 48 animated tiles in a map pallet of 160 tiles.

I know it's alot, and I'm pretty useless, but I'll do what i can. I'll post templates shortly, I need to get them set up.

I'll put down what i know I want in the game so far (feel free to suggest any characters I might have missed, I only played a little bit into each series.):

Super Mario Brothers:
Walkabout:
Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Toad (any color(s))
Toadsworth
Peach
Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Bowser
Baby Bowser
Yoshi
DK
Diddy Kong

Hero:
Mario
Luigi
DK

Enemies:
Goomba (variations and such may help)
Koopa Troopa (variations and such may help)
Bowser
Baby Bowser
Anything else you want to make

Weapons:
Various Hammers

The Legend of Zelda:
Walkabout:
Link
Zelda
Shiek
Ganon
Tingle
Random Villagers
Monsters

Heros:
Link
Sheik

Enemies:
Any monsters in the series
Ganon
The pig/boar Ganon (twilight princess)

Weapons:
Various swords, boomerangs, or anything else Link or Shiek use.

Kirby:
Walkabout:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Waddle Dee

Heros:
Kirby
Meta Knight

Enemies:
Any enemy in the series
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Weapons:
Various swords.

Pokemon:
Walkabout:
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Any other Pokemon you feel compelled to include

Heros:
Pikachu

Enemies:
Mewtwo
Anything else

Weapons:
none

Metriod:
Walkabout:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Heros:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus

Enemies:
Ridley
Enemies in the series

Weapons:
None

Anything else:
Backgrounds and maps are nice. Really, I'll love you for them too. Hehe.

That sums it up for now i guess.

Oh, I almost forgot. The program won't let me inport map tiles individually, however they can be inported via rip from a background. If you are interested in that sort of thing, just put some tiles on a 320x200 image and that'll be amazing.

Thanks in advance.
I really appreciate it.
Welcome to our community, while we'd be happy to lend you a hand, let me direct you to the basic rules thread and the requesting thread.

There's even a REQUEST FORUM. But there's a catch: members with under 20 posts can't post requests. You failed both in reading the rules, posting your request in the right place and having 20 posts. So thread closed