The VG Resource

Full Version: Baryl's sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What else I'm gonna say but, the first sprites I post here:
My custom Megaman robot masters:

*They're not in weakness order, random order*
Blazeman
[Image: thblazeman.png]
Boulderman
[Image: thboulderman.png]
Heilman
[Image: thheilman.png]
Magnumman
[Image: thmagnumman.png]
Reflectman
[Image: threflectman.png]
Sonicman
[Image: thsonicman.png]
Voltageman
[Image: thvoltageman.png]
Wireman
[Image: thwireman.png]

I hope this is the last megaman related sprite I post in this thread ( aside from the upcoming Weapons sheet), I'll normally post sprites not related to Megaman like Link, pokemon and stuff.
While not admittedly BAD, they aren't great either. Mainly because I'm questioning several things:

1. What is custom, and what is an edit? Some are even graphics from other non-megaman games
2. I question whether or not they are even 8-bit limitations (not talking about color limitations, talking about tile size limitations).
3. Is Reflectman edited from a Sonic Advance sprite???
1. All of they are customs made by me, beleive it or not.
2. As many RM's, they are taller than Rockman
3. No, again it's custom made.

Im happy to see that this forum is super active.
even though theses are not edits they still need a lot of work

I mean, all the blur effects don't really fit will with the sprite, it's pretty noticeable on heliman.
(09-18-2010, 11:59 PM)BarylTDF Wrote: [ -> ]2. As many RM's, they are taller than Rockman
That's fine, but
none of them are following 8-bit limitations
Interesting stuff really, Any suggestion on how to make it better?
(09-19-2010, 10:49 AM)Cure For Cancer Wrote: [ -> ]follow 8-bit limitations
Quote:I mean, all the blur effects don't really fit will with the sprite, it's pretty noticeable on heliman.

These suggestions are completely valid, I suggest following them.

Also, the jump in quality is absolutely enormous between sheets - are you sure they were all 100% custom made by you :/?
make them fit into the NES restrictions and i'd believe you did these.
Yes, again I did these sprites by scratch, and please can you elaborate more, what is actually 8-bit limitations?
"what /are/ /NES's/ limitations?"

[Image: nes_spec.gif]

basically, NES sprites(and by extension, megaman sprites) are composed of sprites of either 8x16 or 8x8 pixels. each one with a limitation of 3 colors each + a transparency color.
All right thanks, (although I forgot to add that these sprites were out of color limit and posted them like that, also they are quite old now) sorry for the confusion, I'll work on these as soon as I get time.

While doing that, have this:
[Image: 8bitmastersstances.png]

These sprites do have color limit.
(10-25-2010, 12:38 AM)BarylTDF Wrote: [ -> ]These sprites do have color limit.
No, they don't.

Most of those are 4 colours plus transparency, with some branching into 5+.

8-bit limits you to 3 colours + transparency, which means if you don't want your sprite to be a perfect 8x16 square, you need to limit yourself to 3 colours.
@Hoeloe: What about Sprite Layers?
Megaman was quite fond of them.
what? which one has more than 3 colors?
Black is a color.
Pages: 1 2 3