The VG Resource

Full Version: Activision to charge money for cutscenes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
somebody assassinate him please
I mean, there are some awesome cutscenes that I love to watch over and over, but why in the FLYING FUCK would I pay money to have a standalone version of something I already own? That's why some games have a cutscene theater option, and people post videos of cutscenes on places like youtube anyway.
Considering how often in games cutscenes do no more than jarr the game with terrible and unskippable dialogue; the option to have all of that removed is a somewhat tantalising prospect.

This is still stupid, though.
Good that i don't care for most Activision games, but man, this guy's a stupid dickhead.
The sad thing is that people are probably going to buy that shit. Because its so difficult to play 5 minutes into a level to see a cutscene. Hell, with Youtube's 1080p videos now is there even a point if you REALLY want to see a particular scene? Honestly...
There's practically only four games you could do this with, and all of them are in the MGS series.
(09-17-2010, 12:18 PM)KOJJIRO Wrote: [ -> ]There's practically only four games you could do this with, and all of them are in the MGS series.
anyone who doesnt thank this post is an extremely distinguished gentleman
The hell? are you kidding me? Why the heck would that idea even come to mind? *commits suicide*
I don't see why anyone should care.

I mean it's pretty retarded for the guy to do this out of greed, but the cut scenes are from CoVery SadBlack ops

Which look the same as Modern Warfare 1 and 2
And World at War
And every other generic FPS out there.

whoops I'm fucking stupid, the game isn't even CoD.

I still don't see whats so special about this though
oh whoops it looks like Activision is going to attempt a terrible marketing move

It's not like this is bad for anyone else
This would make a good example to other developers what not to do. Seriously.. wow.
If they start doing this, we better get Pixar quality cutscenes between every level.
considering it's activision, i'm really really not surprised at all