The VG Resource

Full Version: Disgaea 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 100915_blog2_02.jpg]

The story is about Valbatose, a vampire who is leading a coup d’état in the Netherworld. Hopefully more info will be known when a trailer is released.

There's also info about an upgrade in the graphical style and an online mode, possible for a versus battle.
Aw yeah.

I hope it will contain all the previous protagonists as well. Or at least those featured in later Disgaea games.

Although I still have to finish any of the three.
If it dosen't have Laharl it's not Disgaea.
it's about a rebellious vampire.

obviously theres gonna be maps about beating up laharl and mao and others
whatever I still don't have PS3
(09-16-2010, 06:25 PM)Burn Wrote: [ -> ]There's also info about an upgrade in the graphical style

Actually just interested for this.
(09-16-2010, 07:32 PM)thernz Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2010, 06:25 PM)Burn Wrote: [ -> ]There's also info about an upgrade in the graphical style
Actually just interested for this.
They'd better use new graphics for the characters. While I appreciate the fact that Nippon Ichi still uses 2D for their characters (since 2D is a slowly-dying graphics trend), it'd be much better if they improved their sprites and made 'em higher res and whatnot... unlike Disgaea 3, which lazily used the exact same sprites from Disgaea 2 whenever possible, with a few new characters/classes (compared to the sprites from the first Disgaea, which had a lot of characters and classes with revamped sprites for the second game).

But somehow, I have a feeling it might be the same sprite resolution, and not up to date at all.
i think disgaea 3s sprites were a fairly good quality but it just doesnt cut it for a ps3 game. maybe if it were on wii, itd be acceptable.
Oh Shawn. Wink

Well if the graphical upgrade holds true, and there IS indeed vs mode online battle then this could be exactly what the franchise needs to tell North American non-believing cunts, that StRPG's are cool again.
I want this game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L3zdx7I8oI&translated=1

holy shit those graphics Heart33333333

edit: FFFFFFFFF AXEL IS A MAIN CHARACTER
DUAL WIELDING!? Bought. Insta Bought.
(09-16-2010, 08:07 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]But somehow, I have a feeling it might be the same sprite resolution, and not up to date at all.
(09-17-2010, 08:19 AM)Burn Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L3zdx7I8oI&translated=1

holy shit those graphics Heart33333333

edit: FFFFFFFFF AXEL IS A MAIN CHARACTER
Alright, where'd I put my fork?
Okay, I am excited.
[Image: bettershot.jpg]

Clear(ish) screenshot showing a few main characters and the awesome detail of the sprites this time around.

There's definitely an online/ versus mode as seen in the trailer.

[Image: 4995506001872.jpg]
Boxart reveals a lot of returning units as well as Flonne, who isn't a fallen angel anymore. Meaning we're likely to see the original cast and some more story involving them.

Edit: And it seems Axel is now really gay(er?)

[Image: wf-ranka.png]

Edit2:

[Image: nippon106_s.gif]
This is a sprite. It seems to be quite pixel art-y still.
Pages: 1 2