The VG Resource

Full Version: [FANGAME][IDEA] UNI-FIGHTERS! (searching of team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, here I am doing a topic, after a long time since I joined the forum of TSR (and please, be nice to me, I'm beginner here ^^').
I have an idea of fangame in which I have been writing screenplays and doing tests (which are coming out horrible in Game Maker 7 =P), it's UNI-FIGHTERS!, A crossover between Mario, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot and Megaman!.
story .... well, I got all complete, written and decided, stage by stage, cutscene by cutscene, I have everything in mind, but I came here to find a team for the fangame...Embarassed
is, I had to resort to this because I found out the hard way, that is not possible to do a game of large proportion, alone (Doh, is obvious, but back then, I was more iguinorante the point of wanting to make a super production without ask for help, so I canceled my old fangame: "Mario & Sonic Clash of Two Worlds").
I am bad at programming, that is the truth, I have done several simple games, which came out horrible in GM5, and now with GM7, I tried to do something more complex and gave me very bad, ><. so I'm looking for people who can help me, because I think if we work together we can make an awesome fangame. =D

the gameplay is classic, the novelty will be in Power Ups, and the stages that blended features of the four games involved. A character may be chosen for the adventure, but may be changed at any finish of stage , each character will have its advantages and disadvantages. It here not will be a versus (a competition between the characters), and will not be parallel stories, you always followed with four heroes, and changing your choice when you want and the abilities are the same of their games, only with more some attack punch or kick, and you can evolve with them as the game unfolds, as gaining new attacks, or have access to a transformation or power up new, at the last world, the four characters will be strong enough to face the Final Boss.

I've got some stuff done, or some other stuff that I will take use of other sprite sheets rips or edits (Like Sonic Adv/Bt and M&L series), but also make new sprites for this game, like Megaman sprite that is 85% custom, and Crash, what is edit a sprite the size of the original "Crash and Mutant Island", and adding new moves and stuff.

some things, is here:
[Image: marionormalstance.gif][Image: crashnormalstance.gif][Image: newmegamannormalstance.gif][Image: newcrashbattlestance.gif][Image: crashspin.gif]

here is a hoax image, I made, for a idea of game done...
[Image: crashgameplay1.png]
(OBS: I will not use cube in style M&L, a possibility is ruled out for me.)

and that's it, I would help with this project, please, if interested, post here on topic, I accept any help, idea for stages, help with making sprites, boss, music, programming, etc..., I just want that at least one my project is successful, and ultimately be something good for everyone, I hope it's a really fun fangame. thanks for read, reply I wait for reply ^^
(sorry my crap english, dudes XD)
its basically "little Samson" but with a huge amount of sprite styles clashing all over the screen and a bit of fanservice by adding crash bandicoot instead of any other more relevant/recent character(wich i asume is your favorite character)

heck, you could even try to make this using original characters and original enviroments and it would be ok, but it feels as if the only feature this game could ever have is using megaman, sonic and mario.
(09-15-2010, 01:07 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]its basically "little Samson" but with a huge amount of sprite styles clashing all over the screen and a bit of fanservice by adding crash bandicoot instead of any other more relevant/recent character(wich i asume is your favorite character)

heck, you could even try to make this using original characters and original enviroments and it would be ok, but it feels as if the only feature this game could ever have is using megaman, sonic and mario.

I think I could adapt Crash Bandicoot for a crossover with Mario, Sonic and Megaman, the gameplay of he is not much different from the other three, and still has many references taken from the Mario, Sonic and Megaman games, (like ground pound of Mario). I think the biggest challenge, will be adapting Megaman, for the environment stages of Mario, Crash and especially Sonic stages, with speed boosters and springs on the way. But everything can be neat on through the programming of the game.
(09-14-2010, 06:02 PM)CyberWolfJV Wrote: [ -> ]A crossover between Mario, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot and Megaman!.

wat.
Crash is so far out of place.
Actually in that lineup, Megaman is out of place. Mario, Crash and Sonic were the three big platform reps back in the 90's (even if Crash wasn't actually owned by Sony...)
ok, let me say it this way instead:

it has been done, and done well. with mario, link, belmont and samus. all popular characters.

but no one gives a fuck about crash bandicoot anymore). and even when rule #1 states that you actually need to show solid proof of the game being in development instead of just asking for people making stuff for you, i'd say that this game's only premise is to be another platform with mario sonic and megaman, and for that reason alone i can already say this /idea/ its not going anywhere.
(09-16-2010, 09:10 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]ok, let me say it this way instead:

it has been done, and done well. with mario, link, belmont and samus. all popular characters.

but no one gives a fuck about crash bandicoot anymore). and even when rule #1 states that you actually need to show solid proof of the game being in development instead of just asking for people making stuff for you, i'd say that this game's only premise is to be another platform with mario sonic and megaman, and for that reason alone i can already say this /idea/ its not going anywhere.

Hey, I dont said what I want people to do things for me, I am able to do the project alone, but is much more stressful and difficult, I'm looking for a team for all of us do everything together, I never would watching all working and I just giving orders Embarassed. And another point mentioned is that Crash is not a very important character, or a character out of fashion ,.... but so what? Embarassed Is an awesome character in my opinion, and was a failed attempt, perhaps, but also deserves respect and I would use he at fangame, and I think the chances would be fun, especially for the Crash Bandicoot humor in which it invests.

and about the rules, I read them all, and I am aware. but also I used the tag [IDEA]. which means that the game is not still in development, is just an idea (he's at 0.5%, with only the sprites, and the program I chose was MMF2), and I'm here to see if it is acceptable and look for a team that is interested to help me. hope I'm not disrespecting any rule, but so from I interpreted it from what I read, I'm within of rules. ^^".

(09-15-2010, 11:38 PM)Kriven Wrote: [ -> ]Actually in that lineup, Megaman is out of place. Mario, Crash and Sonic were the three big platform reps back in the 90's (even if Crash wasn't actually owned by Sony...)
Crash wasn't one of the three biggest.
I don't know what would be with Mario and Sonic, but even Banjo-Kazooie was bigger than Crash.
Megaman X was bigger too.
But that's in the 90s.

Crash had good games, sure.
But he wasn't as big an icon as Mario, Sonic or Megaman.

Still, it's a crossover fangame.
I currently doubt the success of this game after the OP decided to make a Sonic-Mario clash, says they're bad at programming, some less then credible sprites, style clashing and will probably have a serious fanboy storyline.
I'm also not to fond of the title.
But whatever.

Do something to prove me wrong and it's all good.
Why do people insist on pulling a Hannah Barbera with video game characters?
probably because the idea of putting your favorite characters together in your own game is p much a regular fantasy among players.
Just pitching in to say, I think that Crash was a pretty big character of the 90s. If you owned a playstation (one of the best selling consoles of the 90s, neigh, all time) then you had seen/owned/played at least 1 Crash Bandicoot game.

Just saying.

I hadn't even really heard of Banjo until I played Diddy Kong Racing, and even then I didn't give a shit.
the only memorable game crashbandicoot ever had was

the only and sole decent PSX's kart racing game.

the rest was just crash bandicoot's overhyped image. wich was even considered to be the console's mascot for a second, though none of his games were anything but "PSX's answer to sega/nintendo".
I think Crash, copied many features of Mario and Sonic, so he tried to rival them in the time of PSX. But it gave a chance to Crash upped in the media, and has an important place. honestly, in my humble opinion, among the most mascots secondary, as Rayman, Goemon, Spyro, Klonoa, etc, my absolute favorite is Crash Bandicoot. in his new series, with tattoos and her new look, it was not very good, but can still have the humor that had formerly, which remains a powerful attraction. And as has been said here, he is a great icon of the 90s of the games. =)

but I did not come here to make a topic discussing the importance of Crash, compared to Mario, Sonic and Megaman, but I came to ask for help for my fangame, and if anyone here is not interested, just ignore me. Do not want to mess with nobody, and not impose my ideas, only if someone wants to help me, just post here or send me a PM. I'll start the project alone at 0, then. because if someone wants proof of what I game may work, I'll start myself alone to see if I attract people to work with me in it.
I would leave the topic open indefinitely (if no problem, within the rules) because I do not know how long I can take to build the initial engine for the four characters, and after doing so I will post here for everyone see video on YT. and meanwhile, with the topic active in the forum, will be freed for people who are interested post here and help me. thanks anyway ^^'

I expect answers from people who really want to help me with this. And I hope you will excuse my bad English. =P
(09-18-2010, 10:20 AM)CyberWolfJV Wrote: [ -> ]I came to ask for help for my fangame
Oh so this is a request
and you don't have 20 posts

/lovely/
[Image: bored+baby.bmp]
Pages: 1 2