The VG Resource

Full Version: Maximum Obscurity: In Pursuit of Greed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is one that I hadn't heard of until just recently, and I find that the interwebs really hasn't heard much of it either. Aside from a couple websites (which are dedicated to obscure games) reviewing it, In Pursuit of Greed seems to be a completely forgotten gem.

Playable Characters:

[Image: inpursuitofgreedalduska.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedspecime.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedtheolan.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedtobiasl.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedxithico.png]

Enemies:

[Image: inpursuitofgreedbigguar.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedbighead.png][Image: inpursuitofgreeddemonbo.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedguardic.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedhunterb.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedhunterf.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedhunterm.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedprisone.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedprobeic.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedrobotbo.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedrobotta.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedtribalf.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedtribalm.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedtrooper.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedveekwar.png][Image: inpursuitofgreedwizardi.png]

Zip:

[Image: inpursuitofgreedicon.png]

This game has a lot of the charm that made me love games like Lunicus and Blake Stone way back in the day, and it's too bad I didn't discover it until only recently as it's a game I would have totally loved when I was much younger. As with Witchaven and WW2 GI, there weren't readily available names for all of the characters that I ripped (aside from the playable characters- they had their names right in the intro of the game) so I either named the sprites based on their names in the files (Big Head, Guard, Probe, Veek Warrior) but some of them I had to name myself (like the tribal characters, whose names in the files were "pss" and "pst").

Anyway, enjoy the sprites and hopefully I'll have something else ripped soon!
This tribal male reminds me of Dhalsim. YOGA FIRE!

I really never heard of it, and I love obscure games. Well done!
Very cool job. Big Grin