The VG Resource

Full Version: Epic Advance Wars Style Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the past I've done some forum games over at Civfanatics. For this I've used a load of sprites, mostly Advance Wars, and ended up remixing some of them, and then even making a few from scratch...

People have been telling me to submit a sprite collection to TSR but I don't know how to go about that, or if this really fits anywhere. I thought posting here would be a good place to start?

Thanks for any feedback!

[Image: advancewarsstyle.png]
Wait, so are ANY of these custom?
Even if it has some cusrtoms, the ammount of edits/unfitting sprites overweight them.
With regards to the actual advance wars style units and the 'OMG aliens', I'm pretty sure all of those are unique. Maybe 10% are just recolouring, but the rest are remixed with cutting+pasting, some quite heavily as you see. The big mechs are almost made from scratch, but I copied the gun barrels + pilot heads from other stuff.
i recognize a lot of sprites from various things :l
I'm sure you do!

Well whatever, I'm just putting it out there, thought it could be useful. I'm not into trying to 'own' these things.
Then please don't post them here. The community doesn't look upon edits and recolors as something to be proud of. They're a nice stepping stone if you're looking to get into spriting in a more "professional" manner, but no one wants to see them posted here
So yeah
I'm gonna lock this thread because it has absolutely zero potential to go anywhere. If you want to post some CUSTOM sprites feel free to do so.