The VG Resource

Full Version: WWII GI - A "realistic" war game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Playable character:
[Image: ww2giplayericon.png]

Friendly characters:
[Image: ww2gialliedmedicicon.png][Image: ww2gialliedsoldiericon.png][Image: ww2giobjectivesoldieric.png]

Enemies:
[Image: ww2giheerofficericon.png][Image: ww2giheersoldiericon.png][Image: ww2giheerspecialweapons.png][Image: ww2giheersupportinfantr.png][Image: ww2gissofficericon.png][Image: ww2gisssoldiericon.png]

Misc:
[Image: ww2giweaponsicon.png]

Download:
[Image: ww2giicon.png]

Not much to say about WW2 GI. It was a build engine game using Duke 3D as a base made for Infogrames. It was supposed to be a realistic WW2 game, but it really fall short on the realism part, and this wouldn't have anything to do with the time it was released (1999, the same year as Medal of Honor). Overall it feels like a goofy, cartoonish WW2 game that feels somewhat similar to something like Return to Castle Wolfenstein (minus the paranormal stuff, of course- it's not THAT crazy!) Regardless, it can still be pretty fun if you like those kinds of games.

Also, this is another instance (like Witchaven) where there weren't readily available names for everything, so I just named them all myself. Oh well, I guess. Enjoy, and I'll have more sprites for all of you very soon!
I love how how the initials of the game read "Weegee".
Nice work, once again!