The VG Resource

Full Version: Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: spiderman1l.jpg]
holy fuck, this game

Cool

best superhero game that's not about batman, IMO. it's a spiderman game, without any free roam (at all except like two levels, one of which IS THE BEST ONE EVER)

Basically the game is more of a throwback to the stage based spiderman games on the PS1. The story is about this artifact, the tablet of order and chaos, that gets shattered when Mysterio tries to steal it from a museum.
Basically, it holds Dr. Strange levels of magical power, and is now in the hands of several different villains strewn across four different 'dimensions' of spidermen.

The first is the 'Amazing Spiderman' universe, and probably the one you guys are familiar with.
[Image: spidermanshattereddimenr.jpg]

He plays, 'classically' I guess. The levels have a focus on web swinging, web slinging, and beating up badguys.

He's also voiced by Neil Patrick harris (!)

The next Spiderman, is from an alternate universe 1920's where the events that happened to create the Marvel universe happened a few generations too early.
[Image: spidermanshattereddimena.jpg]
Noir Spiderman is kind of like the stealth focus on Batman: Arkham Asylum.
These parts are about sticking to the shadows, sneaking up on badguys and taking them down. He's voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes
from the Spiderman animated series that aired on fox kids in the 90's, and delivers a fucking amazing performance.

Next, is Spiderman 2099
[Image: spidermanshattereddimenu.jpg]
His focus is basically 50-50 cut between level-spanning bossfights, and beating the shit out of everything you see. He doesn't use his webbing hardly at all, but has a ton of awesome moves. He's also not an alternate universe Peter Parker like the other three Spider-men in this game, but is actually from the canonical future of the Marvel Universe
He's voiced by Dan Gilvezan from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1980s) who is a very, very large ham in every bit of dialogue.

The last (but not least) is Ultimate Spiderman, who some of you might be familiar with.
[Image: ultimate-spider-man-shattered-dimensions.jpg]
Donned in the black suit, the Ultimate Spiderman sections are a blend of Amazing and 2099. Using the full power of the symbiote suit, it's basically a super difficult arrangement of Amazing Spiderman.
He's voiced by Josh Keaton, from The Spectacular Spiderman cartoon.
Also his second level is THE BEST ONE in any superhero game.
game looked great, i'll def pick it up soon
ps dr strange is in arkham city (game) too HEH
this looks great but i feel sort of horrible for knowing all of these universes beforehand.

still, its really cool how they got the voices of spidermen from all the shows
and here I am not expecting much from this game.

welp looks like i'm proven wrong.
Well it certainly sounds interesting. Here's hoping it lives up to that.