The VG Resource

Full Version: About the 20 post Rule...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think that a user should not be able to post in this forum section if he has less than -5 Rep. points.
That condition's a bit hard to impliment.

a) I don't think thar Reputation can be a group promotion criteria
b) Because of the way Promotion works, once they have 20 posts; they can get into the 'eligable' category, and then fall into -5 rep.

In short: It's a fair idea, but not a practical (or maybe not possible!) one to set in motion. Sorry.

Also moving this to Site Discussion. Dear dear, you should know better! Haha.
Reputation is very easy to manipulate to increase -or decrease- by using sockpuppets or just by being a jerk anyways.
but any 5 people who want to have fun could just lower his rep
Whatever, most people are going to see the negative rep and shun down the request anyway. No one likes to help jerks

And I'm stunned to see someone using "superfly johnson" as nickname. I mean, it's the damn daikatana what the...
wow, i'm more surprised that someone else actually got the reference
How could I have missed? I ripped from this bloody game :p (hey the GBC version is much superior than the FPS one :o And you can download it from John Romero's blog)
I see, it's pretty difficult to do.
I was just thinking about people like SuperWeeGee1. He had over 20 posts, but I don't think "Honorary Member" qualifies him quite well.
Isn't -5 being a little harsh though?

I can understand at least -10 rep and not even being able to post but if this was possible then I wouldn't set it at -5.
I'd have to disagree, if this makes it as a rule, then morons will freakin' down rate EVERYBODY they find, I think we should keep the 20 Post rule.
(09-10-2010, 02:25 PM)Lightning Wrote: [ -> ]morons will freakin' down rate EVERYBODY they find, I think we should keep the 20 Post rule.

umm yeah. no offense, but this is ridiculously the most retarded statement I have seen.

We aren't the kind of people who constantly down rate new people, we'd have to have some reason to do so. If besides if people down rate us it won't even matter because we'd probably disagree with him on something

What in the fuck exactly made this idea get into your head?

Like I said, -10 is the best limit if not perfect for this idea. It's not like there isn't a cap that prevents people from downrating each other constantly (5 per day at least)
And besides, the members that all the new guys hate here don't post many requests.
(09-10-2010, 02:25 PM)Lightning Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have to disagree, if this makes it as a rule, then morons will freakin' down rate EVERYBODY they find, I think we should keep the 20 Post rule.

(09-10-2010, 03:18 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2010, 02:25 PM)Lightning Wrote: [ -> ]morons will freakin' down rate EVERYBODY they find, I think we should keep the 20 Post rule.

umm yeah. no offense, but this is ridiculously the most retarded statement I have seen.

We aren't the kind of people who constantly down rate new people, we'd have to have some reason to do so. If besides if people down rate us it won't even matter because we'd probably disagree with him on something

What in the fuck exactly made this idea get into your head?

Like I said, -10 is the best limit if not perfect for this idea. It's not like there isn't a cap that prevents people from downrating each other constantly (5 per day at least)

both of these posts are stupid
You're discussing your opinions on a feature that is literally impossible to implement
Oh hi, You guys forget that I'm deleting downreps that are useless/from perma banned members.

If there were a lot of people having fun downrepping someone I'd delete those downreps and put those people into the group were they could no longer rep someone.
(09-10-2010, 04:32 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: [ -> ]You're discussing your opinions on a feature that is literally impossible to implement

well if there was an alternative solution that is what would you recommend.

it's not like raising the post cap will entirely help to keep new members from requesting since they'd probably go ahead and do it.
Pages: 1 2