The VG Resource

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just wanted to let people know apparently Birth by Sleep has been 'out' for days and it fully works. It also now has a mode called "Critical mode", Nomura's answer to "Dante must Die mode." The games pretty spot on. I mean in which it's very enjoyable in terms of action and cool customization.

This can be the tread for all past and present KH talk.

By the by I am now in the process of trying to beat Re:Chain of Memories, 358/2 and now Birth by sleep.
I kinda want to play birth by sleep but the other spinoff games are just so bad that I don't want to bother at the same time lol.
I've played Birth By Sleep.

........It's awesome.
i really wish BBS was for something other than the psp
I've seen videos of the Bonus Boss fight for BBS, the 'Mysterious Figure'. Apparently he can OHKO you with almost every attack, has Reflect, and only has 2 attacks which give a window of opportunity for damage. Wish I had a PSP. :V

Pretty big fan of the KH Series, TBH! But that's because I love Action RPGs more than the plot or the Disney Elements. 358/2 Days has probably been my favourite so far because it significantly cut down on the DISNEY AND THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, and focused on short bursts of sometimes legitimately difficult missions. I've beaten it on Normal and I might actually run through the game again on Expert.
I began losing interest in this series with KH2 and its terrible new characters. Have they picked up at all, or is it move convoluted and anime-y?
Org 13 (In Concept, at least) is arguably less annoying than the original cast. Sora is pretty much cancer in any game he stars in - but he doesn't star in any games after 2; so it's all good.
Well unless 3 is starring Sora. Which it might since it's apparently the wrap up of the series. AKA the "Xeanort Arc".

Also it should be expected of anime elements look at the man who proposed the idea of KH to begin with Nomura is a total anime whore. You can't whine when he pretty much let everyone know where he stands back in 97'.
iirc, theres no intention to scrap sora as the protagonist. he's the hero of the series and that's how it'll always be.

and honestly he's the best protagonist out of everyone so far. :l
Really? How so; he's entirely flat as a character. While still pretty bland, a lot more time and effort goes towards making Roxas likeable. All of the Protags tie into Sora one way or another, so there's no real doubting that he's the star of the series - but I still don't like him.

If/When 3 does finally show up, I do hope he grows a pair.
KH is one of those games that I've wanted to play, but the absolutely horrible (general) fanbase seriously turns me off because I can never find a non-biased opinion on the series, except for here.
fuck you guys i love sora, he's a great character.
I just remember thinking Roxas was much better than Sora as a character when I first played KH2 and then being really disappointed that you didn't get to play as him again. Sora just really isn't that great of a character to me.

Birth by Sleep was pretty awesome by the way. I downloaded the Japanese ISO awhile back and played it before buying it in stores when it officially came out in the US yesterday. I've yet to play it much, but I'm just gonna hope I don't end up hating any of the English voice actors.
Love Kingdom Hearts, it's one of my favorite series. I'd have to say the first game is probably my favorite out of all of the ones I've played (haven't played BBS, or Coded, obviously) Definitely the best story. Kingdom Hearts 2 has better gameplay, though. I wish they'd just release the Final Mixes in other countries, already. :|

Sora is great by the way, I don't know what you're all talking about. :(
The only cast member I truly dislike is Riku.
Pages: 1 2