The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Advance 4 - In-Level & Cutscene Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: sma4_sprites-2.png]

Somewhat comparable to my Yoshi's Cookie sheet, I suppose. This was mainly done to showcase a few more unused sprites (Peach and the Reverse Mushroom, specifically), various effects, and to get the several dozen king sprites that A. J. missed. Just for reference, those do actually appear in the game; if you've beaten the game without playing the king's respective castle, going there will trigger a cutscene much like the one in the opening. Or something like that; I've seen one or two of them before.

And feel free to edit the sheet icon, I was really at a loss as for what to put on it. And "Various Sprites" doesn't really aptly describe it, as this contains (to my knowledge) practically every sprite used in all 90 levels, as well as all cutscenes, that isn't already on the Mario, Luigi, or Enemies spritesheets.
Wow, after all the times I had to replace other sheets, you're the first to replace mine. However, you are missing a few of the sprites from the Peach sheet I ripped. You're pretty much only missing her faces on the letters she writes, and her overworld map poses from what I see. And if you want me to, I can edit the icon like you said.

EDIT: I just noticed that Peach's poses without hold the letter seems to have a darker pallet than the other poses. Same with Toad.
Looking good. I'll wait for your reply to A.J.
(09-07-2010, 08:41 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, after all the times I had to replace other sheets, you're the first to replace mine. However, you are missing a few of the sprites from the Peach sheet I ripped. You're pretty much only missing her faces on the letters she writes, and her overworld map poses from what I see. And if you want me to, I can edit the icon like you said.

EDIT: I just noticed that Peach's poses without hold the letter seems to have a darker pallet than the other poses. Same with Toad.

Probably due to jumping the gun on .PNGging it, if I had to guess. And I guess I'll add those other sprites, I didn't think about the fact this'd probably replace your sheet. I'll post the update within the hour, if possible.

EDIT: Pasted the data directly from NLZ-GBA onto the existing sprites, so if there's still a palette error, I have no idea where to begin fixing it. Added the four extra Peach sprites, and moved the four unused sprites into that little tiny bit of blank space in the "Text" box. And feel free to make a better sheet icon, A.J. You've been at it far longer than I have.

Oh, and if it wasn't readily obvious, the SMAS Peach's palette was total guesswork.
Saved. Very nice work. Smile
Ya I'll have that icon for you later today since I'm in school right now. BTW, is the stuff in the extras box all unused sprites?
I believe so.
Yeah, those're all unused. There's probably enough unused stuff to warrant its own sheet, but coming up with appropriate palettes would be a pain. And who knows if there's further stuff embedded in the ROM that NLZ-GBA doesn't pick up?
Alright, here's the icon! Hope you like it!
[Image: icon1d.png]
Much better (IMO), thanks a bunch.

By the way, between A.J.'s rips and mine, this sheet is outdated (and possibly this one).
What about this sheet? Do you think we still need it since it's in your tiles sheet?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy...sheet/4457
Meh, I think that one can stay, if only for the fact that it's got everything airship-related on a single sheet.

Also, I missed the Hammer and an effect used in the Koopaling battles, added them to the sheet.
Neat! Are there anymore sheets from the game you still plan on ripping?
If you can point anything out that hasn't been ripped, then I'd probably rip it.
I was actually looking around in there yesterday. There are a lot of sheets that can be deleted. Also, the Mario and Luigi sheets are far too numerous and some contain sprites not on the others.
Care to let me know what can be deleted?
Pages: 1 2