The VG Resource

Full Version: Link to the Past-style Spartan, Elite, and Grunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and a buddy have been working on a project for the last 3 months or so, now that its well into beta, i decided to share with you the beholding of some of the custom sprites, that use the LttP Link as a base(we tore it down to a real core, like, no ears, no hat, no hair, nor skin....no colors...then turned into what you see on the sheet.)

[Image: 16liqgx.png]
Please use Imageshack or some other image hosting site, attachments suck.

Also your colors are really bad. looks like paint default colors.

Your shading also needs work.
Moved to sprite discussion, try to get some feedback before you submit.
Try changing the palette on the Elite to start with. Maybe have a look at blue characters that are in the game and just use their palette instead.
The grunts honestly don't look anything like grunts. I can't even tell where the head is. Try to define the head more first off, and look at some grunt reference pictures to see how the anatomy of a grunt is drastically different from what you've depicted.
I'd expect these guys to be on the larger end of the human size spectrum as far as zelda games go, there's a lot of humanoid enemies and characters that are a tad bulkier or larger than Link.

Trying to make things in "style x" does not mean you just simply copy the hero's base anatomy and call it a day, the true art is to somehow savour the new guy's base design and keeping most of their "feeling" intact as you transfer them, I'm sure most of these guys are meant to look fairly wide and bulky.

Put one of the zelda Lttp knights or the bomb throwing guy next to them, don't they seem like little insignificant guys?
When the grunt moves left or right, it shrinks
or, at least, it looks like it does.
fix that.
and do what they said.
what do you exactly mean with "they shrink" jackman. please elaborate.
(09-14-2010, 01:24 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]what do you exactly mean with "they shrink" jackman. please elaborate.

Look at the sprites when they're facing north or south.
They seem bulky. And wide.
(Sorry for the word choice.)
When it faces east or west, it doesn't look like it retains that depth.

The Elites have more depth, almost hunchback-like bodies.
I can't explain it; It seems to think to be an Elite.

Sorry Sad[/quote]
op never posted back. if you want this thread open again(wich i doubt you'll do). send me a pm.