The VG Resource

Full Version: Panache Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm making a game named Panache. I haven't made much progress because I'm so indecisive about the main character sprite. It used to be the one on the left. But today, I did some changes, like redoing the torso, changing colors, etc.
I'm hoping for some crits so I can finally be satisfied with him.
[Image: panache-panv1.png][Image: panache-pan.png]

Also, I also made the female main character sprite today.
[Image: panache-xiaoai.png]
character design sketch
Cute little sprites, I like the general feel you've got going on them.

My favourite part so far is probably the girl's pants, they really look nice and like actual jeans, the guy's jeans are fine too but harder to make out due to the darker shades.

Right now my biggest concern for these sprites is how they'd look on a background, I could easily imagine both of these blending in with BG colours much more than you'd actually want, so you might want to look into that.

As for any further comments:
1. on the guy's rightmost hand you have enough space to perhaps mildly try and define some fingers, right now it actually feels like an empty space, you can fill it more.
2. the back end of the female's hair is too sharp, you can make it a bit rounder near the top.
3. the girl's feet both seem to be placed a bit more to the right than I'd personally place em, makes it seem like she has super long flat feet, you might want to move both of them to the left 1 or 2 pixels.

I'm sure there's other stuff to point out, but these are the basic things I noticed.

Hope it helps.
So I finally go around to working more on these, but only the Pan sprite got major changes. I addressed all the issues you mentioned in Xiaoai's sprite.
[Image: panache-xiaoaiv2.png]

While with Pan, I'm not sure if I was as successful with distinguishing the fingers on his rightmost hand. I tried to give his pants a more jean-like texture but that also meant a color added, though I did find a random single brown pixel. I actually changed the colors a lot so I have no idea if they're more or less now. I think they're overall a bit more lighter and I tried making the hue shifts less intense. I also changed his jacket. The flow of the jacket was just bothering me, so I decided to just scrap it and give him a new one. So now it's a tight leather jacket that would probably look extremely gaudy in real life because of its saturated blue. Considering his hairstyle is inspired by this, I guess that's alright. Then I changed the shading of his hair. A bit of a stupid decision to place so much heavy dark in it last time when beautiful hair should seem light and airy. There was also that whole his right arm and head have different light sources.
[Image: panache-panv2.png][Image: panache-pan.png]
New - Old

Not really worried about them getting lost in the backgrounds when the backgrounds are all grim dark and shit.
[Image: HUPARUPBUP.gif]
...well what little i have is grimdark