The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario In Sonic 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, I know what your all thinking. But please save it just this once. I've always wanted to finish this sheet since that long time ago, but never had the chance because of how immature I acted when I first joined here. But now that I've changed some more and got better at spriting, I want to finally tackle this again, and finish it so I don't have to worry about it anymore.
[Image: marioo.png]
C+C.
The style looks nothing like Sonic 1 and in fact, at first sight looks as if someone had cleaned a Super Mario RPG sprite and applied Sonic's pallette to it.
Turn the body more to the side instead of having it facing 3/4 to the screen and maybe enlarge Mario's limbs, as right now he looks like an egg with a duck head attached to it.
I swear, every attempt I've seen people do Somari, they never give him the Tails shoes he worn in the game.
...then again, box and cart art says otherwise. T_T
What? Your criticism is a bit invalid there.
-Sonic's body is always 3/4.
-Enlarged limbs would make it impossible to animate, and would look unnatural/stubby. (As you can see with the last sprite.)
-It looks nothing like the SMRPG sprite.

I'm not avoiding crits., can you just explain a bit more?
(09-03-2010, 11:06 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]-Sonic's body is always 3/4.
-Enlarged limbs would make it impossible to animate, and would look unnatural/stubby. (As you can see with the last sprite.)
-It looks nothing like the SMRPG sprite.

-yeah, but yours is facing a little more towards the screen, so you should probably turn it towards the side a pixel.

-I don't know what you mean by "impossible to animate" but maneko probably meant that long limbs are pretty much part of Sonic. I know Mario clearly has a different anatomy but if you want to match the style you might want to just experiment a bit. I'd say the legs could probably use a little boost to them in particular.

-...yeah, I dunno about that one

It bothers me that his feet aren't sticking out from his legs, also
Welp.
[Image: marioyl.png]
Have you tried to run while looking to your right like that?
*edit* Mario's legs look like twiggs and his feet look like hooves now.
(09-03-2010, 11:42 PM)Maneko Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to run while looking to your right like that?
-That's why they turn their head from side to side when they walk?
-By the way, most games are in 3/4 view because 4/4's terrible.
-And I could just have him change and stay in 1 direction while he runs, like Tails.

EDIT- Didn't you want larger and thinner limbs?
Um, you made everything skinnier instead of turning it. Unless you haven't gotten there and meant that as a style thing. His head especially makes him look like Luigi now. I'd say either keep the old head or find a happy medium and just play with the body a bit more. I'm not really sure what would fit best; mario practically demands chubbyness while Sonic demands the opposite. A rather big head would probably be fine, wouldn't be sure about the width of the body/limbs unless I played with it
I think the old body was fine. Mario's really not supposed to be as thin and limp as Sonic is supposed to look, it just ends up looking very akward.
[Image: ngham.png]

this is basically what we meant about the face angle

I mean all I did was change the position of the eye so you might wanna move things around but basically I mean it'd look better if he looked more like he was facing more forward like Sonic
The legs could be a bit longer as right now his body looks like an egg.
His feet could be a bit bigger as well.
sonic's body is at a 34/ths-ish angle, but his head is directly sideways. Adjust mario to fit this.
I think I got it...:
[Image: marioo.png]
Mario looks fatter now.
Pages: 1 2 3