The VG Resource

Full Version: Harry Potter from Harry's Legend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got bored one day and I ended up ripping Harry from Harry's Legend.
[Image: pottericon.png]
[Image: harryo.png]

I might rip the enemies and also stuff from other pirates. This isn't my first time doing sprite sheets since I ripped sprites from SMW NES (enemies, got all of them) and Somari (didn't get everything so the one on the site is better)
Awesome, can you get us a screenshot for a section icon? We've been looking for one for a while. Tongue
Sure, let me get one.

EDIT: Here we go!
[Image: harrypotterunlp1003.png]
Awesome, thanks! And it's called "Harry's Legend"?
Yeah, some cartridges call it "Harry Potter" but on the title screen it's Harry's Legend.
We actually have a rip of the enemies, if you want to save a little time.
We do? I wonder if it has all of them. Shocked
(08-27-2010, 06:19 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]We actually have a rip of the enemies, if you want to save a little time.

From the SMW NES Pirate? Where?
No, from Harry Potter.
(08-27-2010, 06:19 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]We actually have a rip of the enemies, if you want to save a little time.
Where is this sheet? I'd like to take a look at it.
Yes the game is clearly some kind of gag from the developers. Probably decided that Harry is not a magician, and karate. Many games came out the way then such content. Fantasies they do not take away.
I can't believe they made an NES-adaption for Harry Potter, the first book came out in 1997.
It's a pirate. Tongue

Also, here's that enemies sheet. http://tsgk.captainn.net/?p=showgame&t=sy&sy=6&ga=160
Oh wow, they nearly got everything except there's a few problems with it.
1) That enemy at the bottom has the wrong palette. Even though you never fight him, there's what seems to be a debug that allows you to summon him. Here's a screenie:
[Image: harrypotterunlp1019.png]
2) Whoever did it missed 2 unused things. There's a waitress and a chicken left over from a pirate known as "Titenic" (Harry's Legend is a major hack of the game). Both of them appear as enemies in the game. The waitress seems to be missing sprites though since there's only the standing and ready to throw sprites. There's also rolling barrels that never made it in either game. I'm not sure if unused stuff counts though.
3) They're missing the fish that repeatedly jumps out of the water on Level 2.
Ok, I'll let you tackle it and use your sheet then. Tongue
Pages: 1 2