The VG Resource

Full Version: Sprites Organizer, cut sets, put images in sets, everything you need, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sprites Organizer
This tool can give you the power to organize your sprites in a Grid Set. Actually it only organize aligning the sprites in the bottom middle of each frame and it organize the grid checking the bigger image then using his size to grid the set.

How to Use

1th Step - Using the winrar (www.rarlab.com), compress all images (that images what you want to place in a gridded set) in a "fast zip" using the lesser compacted format of winrar.

[Image: ukXjJ.jpg]

2th Step - Upload your *.ZIP in the site: www.igmbrasil.com/games/grid.swf and be happy.

[Image: ul3O9.jpg]

------
You can use the grid.SWF to organize your sprites in Sets of images, just put your images inside a FZip file (if you want it organized in ranking, put it organized by name inside the FZip file) and upload it to the grid.SWF

Sample data: I compacted random png images inside this zip file using the fastest way to zip it. [attachment=3802] and using the grid.SWF the final result was this: [attachment=3803]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5tEHcFDtI

----------------------------------
Image Cutter
When you do a large job doing your set of images and you just finish it thinking how it could be better, don't worry, just use the Image Cutter, this software is all what you need to cut your old sprite sets and reorganize it with the GRID.SWF feature.

How to Use

1th Step - Import any kind of sprite set or images that you wanna splint into various images, like an progressive animation in sprite set, so the software will cut it and export all the "tiles" cutted. After it you can do your own gif animation or reorganize it.

[Image: ul1j0.jpg]

Download www.igmbrasil.com/games/imagecut.zip

----------------------------------

BattleSets and Charsets like MapleStory
[Image: bannedstoryimagej.gif]

Description
In this Tutorial you'll learn to make your own charset/battleset easy with the characters made by BannedStory. These resources are disposed by a affiliation between myself and the development guys of the BannedStory, by this way, all the resources here are freeware to use and won't cost ever. The SWF files composing the system should never be placed outside of his original sites.

1th Step - Visit the BannedStory site, press 0 to open the Thumbnail Gallery and after it open you'll can make your character.

[Image: screen001h.jpg]

2th Step - Press CTRL + G to export your character SpriteSheet.ZIP.
3th Step - With the Spritesheet compacted in FZip (the lesser compacted, knew by simple achievement format of zip or fast zip) mode you'll can upload it to my image synchronizer.

4th Step - Now you just need to save the file resulted there and use it in your Battle System, it can be used both to RPG Maker while to IGMaker, GameMaker, EGMaker, etc.

5th Step - The final result is like it:
[Image: Graphic+Set+.png]

--------------------------------------

Good luck and post here your welcome or ask for help if necessary.

Produced byr BieLĀ®San (Telles0808/Gabees)
---------------------------------------
[Image: 88x31.png]
This Tutorial is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
To distribute this Tutorial, only with the Author authorization.
I'm editing your post to fix your tags

just read this

what does this exactly do? Does it generate a sprite sheet of your character? If yes, this sounds useful.
yes, it does the sprite sheet.
I think this only makes sheets for the Maplestory thing, gorsal.
but doesn't the site allow Maplestory rips? I think this can be useful in some way (I never played it so I don't know how it works, though :/)
I played it for like 3 days I think, and im not sure if this can help roganize other type of sprites that arent Maple Story related
(08-27-2010, 03:46 PM)Skink Wrote: [ -> ]I think this only makes sheets for the Maplestory thing, gorsal.

You're wrong, it can organize any type of sprites in a set of images, you just need to compress it using the zip with the "storage" compression option (because if you compress too much it'll turn the script to slow).

It work as I said, you put 2, 10, 100 images inside a FZip file (fast zip) and import it to the GRID.SWF, the flash software will import all the images and check the maximum sprite size, organizing it in a Set.

If you want to organize it in progression, put each file in the zip one by one, because I did it check the files by "imported age" inside the zip
can you actually show a video of this working on something thats not maple story? that would clear any doubts about this in a second.
Actually that's very useful - I have a large archive of rips from a game that need to be pasted into a grid; and this'll speed up the process significantly.
Hmm, i cahnge my mind now that i watched the video, this could actually become a very important tool for many sprites here.
I would like to see somebody use it and telling us their own opinion about this.
Thanks guys. I'l very limited to create scripts, but I did my best.

So, if someone know actionscript, flash, etc, and wanna do a nice interface with some options for it, just tell me, I can open the source =]

I edited the first topic to be a complete Tutorial and may help someone else.

Please, pine this topic if possible and feel free to edit it. I just registered here because sometimes I come here steal some stuffs for my games =P but I don't know if my frequency here will be assiduous.
i dont feel like pinning this thread. but we can certainly link to it somewhere else for others to use the tool.
okay, thanks.

If someone else know to write in AS3 for flash, just let me know and I can share the source.
you know its pretty hard to ignore the "you're about to necropost this thread" warn right when you try to post.

specially when you're OP and no one knows best that its been 2 months since you came here. still it makes no sense to have this thread here, so idk to know if i shall move this to gamedev as it is mroe of a application(because it cant be moved to sprite rips)
Pages: 1 2